Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why Has God Given Free Will?

Tagged: 

• Why Has God Given Free Will?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 24, 2021 at 4:18 pm

God gave us free will to test us. Of course we can use our free will to land in the eternal hell, but we can also use it to secure a life of eternal joy and comfort.

The following FAQ might help you to understand this matter from the correct perspective:

Discussion 37854

• Waleed Ahmad

Member March 24, 2021 at 4:43 pm

Do you know that According to the Quran God is Merciful, Just Compassionate, All knowing and All powerful. If you Accept that God is Merciful and Compassionate then According to you if Free will and test can lead Some Humans to Eternal Punishment then why Has God Given Free will to Humans beings or why Has God Given the ability of doing wrong deeds to Humans which can lead them to Eternal Hell.?

• Waleed Ahmad

Member March 24, 2021 at 5:07 pm

غامدی صاحب نے ایک ویڈیو میں کہا کہ اس دنیا میں بھی کچھ لوگ جرم کا اعتراف کر لیتے ہیں بات جرم کے اعتراف کی نہیں ہے، اچھے اور برے اعمال تو تقریباً سب کو کسی نہ کسی حد تک معلوم ہوتے ہی ہیں، لیکن سوال یہ پیدا ہوتا ہے کہ اُس مجرم میں جرم کی صلاحیت کس نے رکھی؟

• Waleed Ahmad

Member March 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm

اگر کسی میں جرم کی صلاحیت نہ ہو تو وہ جرم نہیں کرسکتا اور جب کوئی جرم نہ کر سکے گا تو سزا کس بات کی؟

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 24, 2021 at 7:44 pm

If you’re asking why God didn’t create you as a rock without any free will then I rest my case.

However, if you really want to understand this matter, I urge you to watch the videos in the FAQ I shared above. If you post any questions for clarification later, I’ll be more than happy to respond.

In short, first of all, neither God’s mercy and compassion, nor His knowledge and omnipotence can or should stop Him from granting eternal hell to those who deny the conclusive truth out of their own arrogance.

Secondly, according to the Quran, God is also the Most Just, The Dishonorer, The Humiliator, The Avenger, and the One who’s swift in reckoning. It’s very conceivable even at the human level that we can be very loving towards some and very hateful towards others for various reasons. If humans can possess both kinds of attributes at the same time, there’s no basis in the argument that God can’t.

Lastly, while God has promised the great reward to those who consciously recognize and accept Him and do good deeds, He has also indicated that He reserves the right to decide against eternal hell, even though certain crimes do deserve it.

Hopefully the following video will help. I also suggest that you critically think about this matter at a deeper level, understand the concept of God that the Quran presents, understand God’s scheme in regards to humans, understand what free will pertains to, think about how the universe came into existence if without God, and reach any conclusions on the basis of a sound judgement.

https://youtu.be/6rzTcruILwU

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register