Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Differences In The Interpretations Of The Quran

Tagged: 

• Differences In The Interpretations Of The Quran

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on March 24, 2021 at 11:37 pm

Salam,

There are many scholars who spend their lifetimes interpreting the meaning of the Quran, from a holistic level all the way down to specific words. My question, was the Prophet (PBUH) not provided with this detailed understanding? If so, what is the need for scholars to spend so many years understanding and interpreting the Quran and why have so many different understandings arisen? And if not, is there any reasoning to explain why? For instance, Ghamidi Sabh translates ithm as ‘usurping rights of others’ in some cases. However, I see that other scholars have deduced different meanings of this term. I wonder why the meaning of this term is not clear to everyone, given that it features in a very important verse for distinguishing between Halal and Haram.

JazakAllah

Haseeb Faisal replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Differences In The Interpretations Of The Quran

Haseeb Faisal updated 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator March 25, 2021 at 12:41 am

Kindly refer to following threads
    Discussion 26386
    Discussion 17395

In short, there are different asool e tafsir adopted by scholars which lead to different interpretations.
    Sahaba would have undertsood the Quran correctly but understanding cannot be transferred in the same to way to each indiviual. Every one has own intellect to understand things.

About ithm, refer to this thread, Discussion 37407, Faisal sb has shared the why ghamidi sb has translated that way

• Haseeb Faisal

Member March 25, 2021 at 10:49 pm

JazakAllah! I will take a look!

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register