Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Fasting And Getting Angry

• Fasting And Getting Angry

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on March 25, 2021 at 3:13 pm

Fasting is supposed to increase a persons morality snd boost their character. Isn’t it counter productive since a lack of energy will usually lead to impulsive behaviour and anger outbreaks?

Faizan Ahmed replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Fasting And Getting Angry

Faizan Ahmed updated 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faizan Ahmed

Member March 25, 2021 at 5:45 pm

I’m personally to tired to get angry and shout at people.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 25, 2021 at 5:47 pm

Yes but some people lash out due to being tired. If the purpose of fasting is to guard ourselves from evil?

Al-Baqarah – 2:187

Arabic

أُحِلَّ لَكُمۡ لَيۡلَةَ ٱلصِّيَامِ ٱلرَّفَثُ إِلَىٰ نِسَآئِكُمْۚ هُنَّ لِبَاسٌ لَّكُمۡ وَأَنتُمۡ لِبَاسٌ لَّهُنَّۗ عَلِمَ ٱللَّهُ أَنَّكُمۡ كُنتُمۡ تَخۡتَانُونَ أَنفُسَكُمۡ فَتَابَ عَلَيۡكُمۡ وَعَفَا عَنكُمْۖ فَٱلۡـَٰٔنَ بَٰشِرُوهُنَّ وَٱبۡتَغُواْ مَا كَتَبَ ٱللَّهُ لَكُمْۚ وَكُلُواْ وَٱشۡرَبُواْ حَتَّىٰ يَتَبَيَّنَ لَكُمُ ٱلۡخَيۡطُ ٱلۡأَبۡيَضُ مِنَ ٱلۡخَيۡطِ ٱلۡأَسۡوَدِ مِنَ ٱلۡفَجۡرِۖ ثُمَّ أَتِمُّواْ ٱلصِّيَامَ إِلَى ٱلَّيۡلِۚ وَلَا تُبَٰشِرُوهُنَّ وَأَنتُمۡ عَٰكِفُونَ فِى ٱلۡمَسَٰجِدِۗ تِلۡكَ حُدُودُ ٱللَّهِ فَلَا تَقۡرَبُوهَاۗ كَذَٰلِكَ يُبَيِّنُ ٱللَّهُ ءَايَٰتِهِۦ لِلنَّاسِ لَعَلَّهُمۡ يَتَّقُونَ

The point of the fast is to attain piety. One could say that it would teach self restraint etc but for many many people it would lead to anger outbreaks and impulses based actions

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 25, 2021 at 5:49 pm

I guess one could say that if fast is done in its true way, when one feels angry they should remember ‘I am fasting’. Since the whole action is a form of worship in which the symbolisms of taking your hand off the worldly desires you have it being used to show that these disputes and anger issues should not be taken seriously and should be abstained from. So I think it’s a matter of understanding the true nature of what fasting means

• Faizan Ahmed

Member March 26, 2021 at 7:21 am

Yes, I agree. Just because you’re fasting something magical won’t happen. You have to control your anger and discipline yourself.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register