A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Inama Takhsis And Food Laws

Tagged: 

• Inama Takhsis And Food Laws

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on March 25, 2021 at 6:09 pm

Al-Baqarah – 2:173

Arabic

إِنَّمَا حَرَّمَ عَلَيۡكُمُ ٱلۡمَيۡتَةَ وَٱلدَّمَ وَلَحۡمَ ٱلۡخِنزِيرِ وَمَآ أُهِلَّ بِهِۦ لِغَيۡرِ ٱللَّهِۖ فَمَنِ ٱضۡطُرَّ غَيۡرَ بَاغٍ وَلَا عَادٍ فَلَآ إِثۡمَ عَلَيۡهِۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

If inama leads to takhsis as Ghamidi sahab argues in 7:33 then this ayah implies only carrion, blood, pork and that slaughtered to other than Allah is haraam. How does this make sense?

Dr. Irfan Shahzad replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Inama Takhsis And Food Laws

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 27, 2021 at 1:46 am

it is dietary, and in 7:33 it is about ethical matters including Shirk which is a ethical matter too. so first we need to know in what category inama is being used.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 27, 2021 at 9:07 am

That’s what I’m saying. So are these the only haraam things to eat?

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 31, 2021 at 6:43 am

yes

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 31, 2021 at 6:44 am

I have heard inama is for hasr not takhsis. What does that mean? Because if this is takhsis that means that only the things mentioned in the ayah are haraam and that eg eating dogs is halal

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 31, 2021 at 9:58 am

Please watch the following from 48:33 to 52:24:

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 31, 2021 at 9:59 am

Perfect. If someone could further clarify what hasr means that would be great as I forgot to ask Ghamidi sahab 😅

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar April 9, 2021 at 1:08 am

Hasr means making something exclusive. but it is not necessary that ONLY is every time all encompassing.

The rest of the Haram in diet is determined with our nature. This is on the principle that revelation comes when there is some confusion in something fundamental for man to decide.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register