Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Acting Profession

Tagged: , ,

• Acting Profession

Posted by Zayf Shakir on March 26, 2021 at 2:56 pm

Assalamualaikum, i want to know about acting. Since in my opinion acting is not prohibited. But most of the scholars say it is prohibited. Acting is a form of art in which an actor portrays a character which is not related to his personal life. Like if an actor is playing Ertughrul it means he is not Ertughrul himself but he is just portraying him on the screen. Likewise if someone plays a non muslim character it means he won’t become non muslim just by playing a character of non muslim. I have watched a video of Zakir Naik in which he says if you play a character of non muslim then you commit shirk. Isn’t Islam about faith? In my heart i believe God is One and He’ll be forever and it can’t be changed. Shirk is believing that there is another god (Nahuzubillah). Then how can just by playing a character who isn’t muslim an actor commits shirk? Thanks

Umer replied 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Acting Profession

Umer updated 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator March 26, 2021 at 4:08 pm

You are absolutely right! Portraying a character of Non-Muslim doesn’t make a person lose his/her faith, as long as one believes in One God. Generally there is nothing wrong with acting as a profession, as long as one doesn’t involve in anything immoral or unethical in terms of roles he or she is portraying.

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the link below from 13:02 to 16:28

ilm-o-Hikmat 17-02-2019

__

Please also refer to the following link (part-5 in the same link) from 4:37 to 6:02 (part-5)

ilm-o-Hikmat 22-11-2015

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 7, 2021 at 9:18 am

Isn’t this against his views on games with shirk?

• Zayf Shakir

Member May 7, 2021 at 9:42 am

I don’t know much but i think shirk is believing that there are other gods. As a Muslim we know Allah is true and one and portraying a character of a non believer won’t change our faith but that shouldn’t be one preaching false faith but normally i guess its fine. Allah knows best

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 7, 2021 at 10:59 am

I agree there is nothing wrong with acting itself. The danger once again is that environment around most acting places is very liberal. Since a person would spend most of the time there with liberal colleagues and friends, even socialize with them, soon all that would feel normal. That is why most of the celebrities are sucked into liberal lifestyle and drugs, except a few strong ones. I have read about a few actors who refused to do some scenes, but those were big actors. Small actor will not have such luxury. Either take the role or hit the road.

So overall it is a risky and difficult profession if someone desires to keep moral.

• Umer

Moderator May 7, 2021 at 2:25 pm

Further discussion on modelling and acting can be viewed in the following link (from 45:53 to 52:45)

Discussion 47826 • Reply 47840

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register