Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Who Are The Saliheen And What Is Musaalaha?

Tagged: 

• Who Are The Saliheen And What Is Musaalaha?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 28, 2021 at 1:58 pm

Technically صالح is from the فاعل family and this means it is transitive. صلح refers to making a treaty so can we say someone who is صالح is one who makes peace and is kind to others?

Al-Munafiqun – 63:10

Arabic

وَأَنفِقُواْ مِن مَّا رَزَقۡنَٰكُم مِّن قَبۡلِ أَن يَأۡتِىَ أَحَدَكُمُ ٱلۡمَوۡتُ فَيَقُولَ رَبِّ لَوۡلَآ أَخَّرۡتَنِىٓ إِلَىٰٓ أَجَلٍ قَرِيبٍ فَأَصَّدَّقَ وَأَكُن مِّنَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ

As we can see in this ayah it could be implies that صلح is related to charity so would be making peace and making compromise of debts as lanes lexicon says:

http://lexicon.quranic-research.net/data/14_S/080_SlH.html

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 28, 2021 at 2:00 pm

Though it could be argued that in the ayah I gave it is from صَلَحَ يصْلُحُ which comes in the meaning of being virtuous honest good etc as shown in the lexicon I gave above.

@Irfan76 which root does it come from then? صالح يصالح or صلح يصلح?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 29, 2021 at 9:14 am

Please ignore the Arabic grammar as I made a mistake and just answer what to be a salih person means

• Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar March 31, 2021 at 6:43 am

Meaning of word are what the people of that language takes it, we need not to bother about its roots to determine a meaning. lexicology tells just the origin and history of the word, but its meaning is determined by its usage. Salih is a well known word to tell righteous.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register