Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Obscenity In The Works Of Manto

Tagged: ,

• Obscenity In The Works Of Manto

Posted by Zuhair on March 29, 2021 at 12:48 pm

I read in a post about the things which are Haram and halal, in the fahashi section bad language/obscene/vulgar language also comes in this category. My question might not be relevant in today’s world or might be but I had to ask that the famous writer Manto used such language in his stories and people criticized him at that time for using such vocabulary. So is that criticism justified or not?

Umer replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Obscenity In The Works Of Manto

Umer updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator March 29, 2021 at 2:31 pm

General statements can’t be made in regards to literary works highlighting social issues. Depending upon each instance of what was said, how it was said, whether or not there was a need to say it, whether or not good literary taste was maintained, etc. certain things might be criticized. Our focus should remain mainly upon our own deeds – not those of others.

• Umer

Moderator March 29, 2021 at 6:18 pm

You may find the video in the following link useful with regards to how far one can go and what are the limits when it comes to vulgar language/obscenity in arts and poetry:

Discussion 28189 • Reply 28376

And To understand Fawahish in detail, please refer to the video below from 19:45 to 23:25

https://youtu.be/_413MIwTp6I?t=1185

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register