Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Raising Hands For Dua

Tagged: 

• Raising Hands For Dua

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on March 31, 2021 at 3:44 pm

What is the correct method to do this snd what is the symbolism behind it? Some people hold their hands close to their body perhaps like a beggar would and others raise their hands to the heavens which could be seen as a boiling up of emotional and they just throw their hands up to God but doesn’t really seem like how a beggar asks for eg food.

Umer replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Raising Hands For Dua

Umer updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor March 31, 2021 at 3:46 pm

Though I guess if you bow your head in either position it is the form of a beggar.

I ask because I have heard some things here and there that you need to make your palms straight snd not cup your hands because it has a bad connotation. I don’t know what the bad connotation would be so if anyone knows please do let me know

• Munnoo Khan

Member March 31, 2021 at 7:16 pm

“O you who believe! Ask not about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble. But if you ask about them while the Quran is being revealed, they will be made plain to you. Allah has forgiven that, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing”

[al-Maa’idah 5:101].

This verse forbade the believers to ask the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) about matters concerning which Allah had not said anything in His Book and had not said anything concerning them; splitting hairs and asking too many details about them might lead to them being prohibited, which would cause them hardship.

Source: https://islamqa.info/en/answers/187398/commentary-on-the-verse-o-you-who-believe-ask-not-about-things-which-if-made-plain-to-you-may-cause-you-trouble

• Umer

Moderator April 1, 2021 at 12:40 pm

it is just an expression of prayer among many and has no formal rules as to how one should raise his/her hands. Praying without raising hands is equally good and so is praying in one’s heart only. These expressions of prayers vary from person to person and from situation to situation. However, the only prescribed way of prayer initiated within Muslims as Sunnah is during Salah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0hvcVPRiLU

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register