Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Hazrat Nuh's Long Age

Tagged: , ,

• Hazrat Nuh's Long Age

Posted by Hassaan Hammad on April 1, 2021 at 4:50 am

Recently this question has been shaking my iman alot.

Hazrat Nuh’s age being 900 years old is something I just can’t rationalize for now. Even with the advancements in medicine and science we can’t achieve a life span like that.

That’s not the entire issue but the issue is that we see this reduce of humans life spans throughout history in the quran, eventhough currently according to science and history we believe that to be the opposite. Hazrat ibrahim is also said to be 150+ years old.

When I see this it creates the doubt in my mind that the bible was based on old myths and the quran just copied that,that this is not literal truth.

If someone has an answer I would really appreciate it. W.salam

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Hazrat Nuh's Long Age

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 1, 2021 at 5:13 am

Firstly, science donot provide absolute truth and it keeps changing. Your conclusion are based on theory not laws. Just for example, recently oxford physics professor Subir sarkar declared that expansion of universe is based on wrong interpretations. Or new particle discovered in cern has created doubt on standard models in particle physics. Similarly, carbon dating has been recalibrated due errors.

Bible is not based on old myths. Its contains history which has been transferred from generation to generation. it also contains god message. You need to understand how history is written otherwise it will remain a confusion.
    Copying of bible confusion occurs because we think bible talk about other religion. Refer to following post Discussion 40677 • Reply 42560

For Hazrat Nuh age, refer to following thread
    Discussion 27996

• Fahim Ahmed

Member April 1, 2021 at 11:27 am

It is possible that Nuh (a.s.) was given such a long age through divine providence and this was not the general rule for the people of his era. Since he was the first rasul on Earth and mankind would be going through a reset during the flood and would have to re-populate the globe only through the descendants of the survivors, it is possible that he had to move around a lot to preach and establish itmam al-hujjah on the then existing population of mankind. Hence, a long age was granted for him as a special blessing.

Just a tangent, although we can’t say for sure whether there were other people existing besides the people of Nuh or not, we can definitely say that his people were the dominant civilization at that time. At least, the descendants of the survivors on the ark, specially the progeny of his surviving sons became the dominant population of the globe, the rest of the people just got diffused in them. The narrative of the Book of Genesis and the Qur’an seems to endorse this POV.

Allah knows best.

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor April 5, 2021 at 9:14 am

https://youtu.be/Wpqa8rxaI-U

This might shed some light on the possibilities.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 5, 2021 at 10:40 am

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register