Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Qayamat Ki Nishani( Sooraj Ka Maghrib Se Tuloo Hona)

Tagged: ,

• Qayamat Ki Nishani( Sooraj Ka Maghrib Se Tuloo Hona)

Posted by Zameer Hanif on April 2, 2021 at 1:37 am

Tafseer ki kitab”Tafseer Ibne kaseer”Surat ina’am ayat 158, ic ki tafseer heading”Qayamat or bebasi” me likha hy k roz suraj guroob hone k bad Arsh par ja kr sajde me girta hy or dosre din tuloo hone ki ijazar mangta hy or ijazat milne pr phr mashriq se tuloo hota hy, jb qayamat aana hoga to ijazat nhe milegi or surag ko kaha jaega k wohi se tuloo hoja(maghrib) se, mera sawal ye hy k hum agar science se relate kren to jb ksi country me rat ho to opposite wale me din hoga to surag to apni jagha par hi hy to ic oper wale bayan ko kesy dekhengy hum???

Zameer Hanif replied 3 years ago 6 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Qayamat Ki Nishani( Sooraj Ka Maghrib Se Tuloo Hona)

Zameer Hanif updated 3 years ago 6 Members · 16 Replies
  • Zayf Shakir

Member April 2, 2021 at 1:49 am

A time will come in the future when earth will start moving is opposite direction and if it happens everything will become opposite of what now is, like sun will rise in the west. Nowhere in Quran it is stated that sun prostrates before GOD and these are all stories. Science and Islam relates in everyway. What is tafseer? Tafseer is actually a understanding of Quran of a particular person. If i write a tafseer it means I’ll only write what i have understood or concluded from Quran.

That’s what i think. Thanks!

• Zameer Hanif

Member April 2, 2021 at 1:51 am

Thank you Huzaifa

• Asmar Shahid

Member April 2, 2021 at 1:59 am

It was narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said to Abu Dharr when the sun set: “Do you know where it goes?” I said: Allah and His Messenger know best. He said: “It goes and prostrates beneath the Throne, then it asks for permission (to rise) and permission is given to it. Soon it will prostrate, but it will not be accepted from it, and it will ask for permission (to rise) but permission will not be given to it; it will be said to it: “Go back to where you came from.’ So it will rise from its place of setting, and that is what Allah, may He be glorified, refers to in the verse (interpretation of the meaning): “And the sun runs on its fixed course for a term (appointed). That is the Decree of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing” [Yaa-Seen 36:38].

It was narrated via A‘mash by al-Bukhaari in his Saheeh (no. 3199, 4802 and 7424); Muslim in his Saheeh (no. 159); Abu Dawood at-Tayaalisi in al-Musnad (1/368); Ahmad in al-Musnad (35/282, 429); at-Tirmidhi in as-Sunan (no. 2186, 3227 – he said: It is hasan saheeh; an-Nasaa’i in as-Sunan al-Kubra (10/229); at-Tabari in Jaami‘ al-Bayaan, 20/516); al-Bazzaar in al-Bahr al-Zukhaar (9/409); Abu ‘Awaanah in al-Mustakhraj (1/100-101); at-Tahhaawi in Sharh Mushkil al-Athaar (1/254); Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh (14/24); al-Qutay‘i in Juz’ al-Alf Dinar (p. 183); Abu Nu‘aym in al-Musnad al-Mustakhraj ‘ala Saheeh Muslim (1/222); al-Baghawi in at-Tafseer (4/14); Abu ash-Shaykh in al-‘Azamah (4/1192); Ibn Mandah in al-Eemaan (2/924) and at-Tawheed (1/134, 135); Ibn Bashraan in al-Amaali (p. 159); al-Bayhaqi in al-Asma wa as-Sifaat (2/273); Ibn ‘Asaakir in al-Mu‘jam (2/1015); Abu Nu‘aym in Hilyat al-Awliya’ (4/216) and others.

It was narrated via Yoonus ibn ‘Ubayd by Imam Muslim in his Saheeh (no. 159); an-Nasaa’i in as-Sunan al-Kubra (10/96); at-Tabari in Jaami‘ al-Bayaan (12/249); Abu ‘Awaanah in al-Mustakhraj (1/100); Abu al-‘Abbaas as-Siraaj in Hadeeth as-Siraaj (3/258); Ibn Hibbaan in his Saheeh (14/21); Abu ash-Shaykh in al-‘Azamah (4/1189); Ibn Mandah in al-Eemaan (2/925, 926) and in at-Tawheed (1/136); Abu Nu‘aym in al-Mustakhraj (1/221).

It was narrated via Moosa ibn al-Musayyab by: Abu ash-Shaykh al-Asbahaani in al-‘Azamah (4/1188);

And via Haroon ibn Sa‘d by at-Tabaraani in al-Mu‘jam al-Kabeer (4/373); Abu ash-Shaykh al-Asbahaani in al-‘Azamah (4/1190).

Abu Nu‘aym (may Allah have mercy on him) said:

This is a saheeh hadeeth on which they (the hadeeth scholars) are agreed, from the hadeeth of al-A‘mash from Sufyaan ath-Thawri and others. It was narrated from at-Taymi al-Hakam ibn ‘Utaybah, Fudayl ibn ‘Umayr, Haaroon ibn Sa‘d, Moosa ibn al-Musayyab, Habeeb ibn Abi al-Ashras, and from Yoonus ibn ‘Umayd among the Basris.

• Zayf Shakir

Member April 2, 2021 at 2:16 am

Brother the ayat that you mentioned 36:38 that doesn’t say anything about prostration of sun before God rather it says

36:38) The sun is running its course to its appointed place.33 That is the ordaining of the All-Mighty, the All-Knowing.

33. “Place of rest” may either mean the place where the sun will ultimately come to a halt, or the time when it will come to a halt. The true meaning of this verse can be determined only when man has attained the full and exact knowledge of the realities of the universe. But man’s knowledge is such that it has been changing in every age and what he seems to know today might change tomorrow. The people of the ancient times on the basis of their observations of the sun believed that it was moving round the earth. Then after further research and observation the view became that the sun was stationary and all the planets of the solar system were revolving round it. But this theory also did not last long. The later observations revealed that not only the sun but all the stars are also moving in a particular direction, at speeds of 10 to 100 miles per second. About the sun the modern astronomers hold the view that it is moving at a speed of 20 kilometers (about 12 miles) per second along with its whole family of the planets. (See Star and Sun in Encyclopedia Britannica).

Now talking about hadiths there’s one thing that i want to say is Quran is the word of GOD and we should be more concerned about it and see its similarities and relation with science.

Hadiths and their authenticity is a whole new debate. So lets just stick to Quran at the moment.

• Zameer Hanif

Member April 2, 2021 at 2:07 am

Thank you Asmar Shahid for detailed reply, but the question now remains the same, if as our brother “Huzaifa” said that this might be a story bcoz if not then how can we co-relate this with science, if I ask define this by relating to science or in scientific language to better understand. How sun daily goes there and ask permission??

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 2, 2021 at 8:52 am

To understand the concept of angular momentum, visualize the Earth spinning in space. Given Earth’s overall mass and its rotation, it contains a certain amount of angular momentum. When an additional force acting at a distance from the Earth’s rotational axis occurs, referred to as a torque, such as changes in surface winds, or the distribution of high and low pressure patterns, especially near mountains, it can act to change the rate of the Earth’s rotation or even the direction of the rotational axis.Source: https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/0210rotation.html

• Asmar Shahid

Member April 2, 2021 at 8:27 am

So basically, you are trusting science just because it gives you reasons, in Quran Allah says “Those who believe in GHAIB (Unseen)” 2:4. You cannot be a Momin without believing in the things without seeing it. You should prefer Quran over Science, but unfortunately, seems like you are Ghamidi’s follower, I’m not targeting anyone, but as a muslim, i am obliged to warn you of this fitnah, This man has said what liberals want to listen and denied many Ahadith, we can have a detailed conversation on this topic if you wish, my insta : asmarshahid.official

• Zameer Hanif

Member April 2, 2021 at 9:09 am

Dear brother asmar, I just asked simple question which was hard for me to understand but seems like many mullas you are also short tempered, My question was that according to all sahi hadith the sun goes to seek the permission of almighty “How this happens”?? If there is night at some place then the opposite places will have full bright day?? Please don’t judge me I’m just started studying. Thanks

• Asmar Shahid

Member April 2, 2021 at 9:14 am

Bro, I’m super calm, what i’m trynna say is that Allah’s laws don’t need scientific justifications, just don’t compare it with science, likewise, another question can be asked that on the night at the time of tahajjud, Allah comes down, so does this mean Allah remains down always coz if there is night somewhere, it must be day somewhere else

• Zayf Shakir

Member April 3, 2021 at 5:28 am

and who believe in what has been revealed to you ˹O Prophet˺1 and what was revealed before you, and have sure faith in the Hereafter. 2:4

Brother believing in unseen means believing in all the prophets and books before us. So can’t interpret Quranic verse according to your will. And talking about scientific justification tell me one thing if a non muslim comes and asks you same question how are you going to give him a satisfactory answer? If you consider Ghamidi a fitnah you might be wrong here because he has always given logical answers with Quranic as well as hadiths’ reference if you don’t believe me read his book “Meezan”.

If you are talking about hadiths then have a look at these references

The messenger of Allah said, “Do not write anything from me except Quran. Anyone who wrote anything other than the Quran shall erase it.”(Ahmed, Vol. 1, Page 171, and Sahih Moslim, Zuhd, Book 42, Number 7147)

Omar is also reported to have stated that he had desired to write down a collection of the prophet’s sayings, but refrained for fear of the Muslims choosing to abandon the teachings of the Quran in favour of the hadith.

“I wanted to write the Sun’an, and I remembered a people who were before you, they wrote other books to follow and abandoned the book of God. And I will never, I swear, replace God’s book with anything” Jami’ Al-Bayan 1/67

If someone asks question try to give him satisfactory answer rather than criticizing him and you are literally no one to decide whether someone is a momin or not because in Quran Allah says:

O you who believe! Let not some people among you laugh at others, perhaps they may be better than them.

Sura al-Hujurat, verse 11

• Zameer Hanif

Member April 2, 2021 at 9:24 am

Thank you so much Asmar

• Altamash Ali

Member April 3, 2021 at 7:24 am

Salam.. 🙂

أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَسْجُدُ لَهُۥ مَن فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَمَن فِى ٱلْأَرْضِ وَٱلشَّمْسُ وَٱلْقَمَرُ وَٱلنُّجُومُ وَٱلْجِبَالُ وَٱلشَّجَرُ وَٱلدَّوَآبُّ وَكَثِيرٌۭ مِّنَ ٱلنَّاسِ ۖ وَكَثِيرٌ حَقَّ عَلَيْهِ ٱلْعَذَابُ ۗ وَمَن يُهِنِ ٱللَّهُ فَمَا لَهُۥ مِن مُّكْرِمٍ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَفْعَلُ مَا يَشَآءُ ۩

Do you not see [i.e., know] that to Allah prostrates whoever is in the heavens and whoever is on the earth and the sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains, the trees, the moving creatures and many of the people? But upon many the punishment has been justified. And he whom Allah humiliates – for him there is no bestower of honor. Indeed, Allah does what He wills.

Quran 22:18 ; Saheeh International.

يَسْـَٔلُهُۥ مَن فِى ٱلسَّمَـٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ ۚ كُلَّ يَوْمٍ هُوَ فِى شَأْنٍۢ

Whoever is within the heavens and earth asks Him; every day He is in [i.e., bringing about] a matter.

-Quran 55:29 ; Saheeh International.

Have u read these two verses?

now let;s understand with Hadith of Prophet (peace be upon him)

🙂

let’s read hadith of Sahih al- bukhari : 3199

قَالَ ‏”‏ فَإِنَّهَا تَذْهَبُ حَتَّى تَسْجُدَ تَحْتَ الْعَرْشِ،

now focus on word TASJUDA

This word is also in Quran 21:18 as Yasujudu lahu and in this Hadith

this word in in present continous tense

if this happpened in past then it would have sajada laha ; and if this prostration gonna be in future then it would have like this fa saufa yasjudu lahu .

so this prostration of sun is going on right now 🙂 means sun is going on to prostrate it didn’t prostrated yet or will gonna prostrate in future but happening right now.

that means it prostrates right now. just like everything prostrates to Allah Everytime, we are not in state to stop us.

let’s Translate the whole hadith of Sahih al-Bukhari : 3199 by sentence after sentence then you may understand.

قَالَ ‏”‏ فَإِنَّهَا تَذْهَبُ حَتَّى تَسْجُدَ تَحْتَ الْعَرْشِ،

(Prophet) said : He(sun) goes to prostrate under the throne

، فَتَسْتَأْذِنَ فَيُؤْذَنَ لَهَا،

He Asks permission and sun gets the permission

now this what happens in usual days. ok

now this part of hadith gonna talk about future event. but it is not so distant

وَيُوشِكُ أَنْ تَسْجُدَ فَلاَ يُقْبَلَ مِنْهَا، وَتَسْتَأْذِنَ فَلاَ يُؤْذَنَ لَهَا

He(Sun) is about to prostrate but his (prostration) is not accepted from him And He asks for permission but He is not Permitted to

يُقَالُ لَهَا ارْجِعِي مِنْ حَيْثُ جِئْتِ‏.‏ فَتَطْلُعُ مِنْ مَغْرِبِهَا،

He is to commanded to go back from where he came.

Now here are some conclusions.

1. Sun Always prostrates in the sentence was in present tense means right now it is prostrating irrespective of our frame of reference or where we are
    2. Sun Asks Permission AND WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT KIND OF PERMSIION HE ASK. There exist no request of rising up again in hadith. but Sun continuously prostrates.
    3. Every time in every single minute Allah ﷻ Accepts the prostration of Sun and in every single minute Sun;s request is answered in Affirmative.
    4. There will be the Time when Sun while continuously prostrating and will try to or about to prostrate again but His (Prostration) will not be accepted and in similar way his call his Dua will not be be permitted.
    5. And then Sun will be commanded to Go back from where he came

So here i want to say Hadith is not what u read in translation but the Words of Prophet ﷺ that reached to us through Books of Great Scholars

In Translation of this hadith Translator used that Sun asks permission to Rise again. but hadith doesn’t say so .

so i have literally translated that simple and useful Hadith that Remind all of us those First two Verse of Quran that i have Quoted Above. To Allah ﷻ Prostrates Everything and Everything Ask Him for his Need 🙂

SalamSlight Smile

• Zameer Hanif

Member April 3, 2021 at 9:26 am

Thank you Altamash Ali for your easy and simple explanation via diff references.

• Altamash Ali

Member April 3, 2021 at 9:54 am

Btw that last part is also included in hadith i missed that last part to translate.

يُقَالُ لَهَا ارْجِعِي مِنْ حَيْثُ جِئْتِ‏.‏ فَتَطْلُعُ مِنْ مَغْرِبِهَا،

He is to commanded to go back from where he came. and he Shall rise from west**

🙂

Btw Thanks for you reply 🙂

• Umer

Moderator April 4, 2021 at 3:29 am

Question:

I came across this Hadith in Bukhari. The Prophet (sws) explains to Abu Dharr:

Do you know where the sun sets…? Indeed it travels till it prostates itself underneath the throne. (No: 4428)

This Hadith clearly seems to contradict the fact that sunset is brought about by the rotation of the earth. How should this Hadith be interpreted, and how do we counter criticisms by non-Muslims who might make use of this Hadith to assert that some of the Prophetic sayings contradict scientific facts?

Answer:

By Tariq Mahmood Hashmi

The apparent meaning of the Hadith seems to go against what today is an established scientific fact. However, a careful analysis of this Hadith would show that this is not true: This subject has been discussed in the Qur’an also. Consider the following verse:

أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ يَسْجُدُ لَهُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَن فِي الْأَرْضِ وَالشَّمْسُ وَالْقَمَرُ وَالنُّجُومُ وَالْجِبَالُ وَالشَّجَرُ وَالدَّوَابُّ وَكَثِيرٌ مِّنَ النَّاسِ

Do you not see that all those in the heavens and the earth, the sun and the moon and the stars, the mountains and the trees, the beasts, and countless men bow before God alone? (22:18)

Imam Amin Ahsan Islahi explains this verse as follows:

“This refers to the argument for the oneness of God practically witnessed by everything in the universe. We have explained at various places in this book that everything in the universe is of Abrahamic nature regarding its attitude towards God. The sun, the moon, the stars, the mountains and beasts all submit before God’s will. None of them dare to deviate from the rules they are subjected to. The sun, which has been the most favourite deity of the naive, evidences that it stands, bows and prostrates before God everyday. At sunrise, it lifts its head from prostration and keeps standing till noon. In the afternoon, it bows down and again prostrates before the Lord at sunset. It continues in this position till the next morning.”

After elaborating upon this point to a great length, he cites the following verse:

وَلِلّهِ يَسْجُدُ مَن فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ طَوْعًا وَكَرْهًا وَظِلالُهُم بِالْغُدُوِّ وَالآصَالِ

All who dwell in the heavens and on the earth prostrate themselves before God alone: willingly or perforce and their very shadows too prostrate before Him morning and evening. (13:15)

He says that this and other similar verses allude to the very fact under discussion. The Almighty says that nothing disobeys him and nothing deviates from the rules set for them. It is clear that the Hadith you have quoted also explains this theme.

https://youtu.be/oSkKhp46JS0

• Zameer Hanif

Member April 4, 2021 at 4:22 am

Thank you brother Umar Qureshi

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register