A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Interracial Marriages In Islam

Tagged: , ,

• Interracial Marriages In Islam

Posted by Muhammad on April 3, 2021 at 11:53 am

Assla O Alikum,

I hope everyone’s doing great.

My question is what does Islam says about marrying divorced women and interracial?

I live and studied in Australia came in 2014 and in 2018 I met an Indonesian 24 year old girl she’s 1 year older than me and she came for studying masters in Australia that’s how we both met in Melbourne.

We both spoke with our parents about wanting to marry.

I am seeking guidance in this regards, what does islam say about it?

About her she married at the age of 22 and divorced at the age of 23 within a year due to common societal in-law family Issues etc.

I am positive about marriage because she’s making an effort to learn Urdu but I am still confused about marrying a woman who’s not a Pakistani.

I am more concerned about if it is okay to marry a divorced women. As some ulema says it’s better to marry virgin. About me I have never married before.

Thank you

Your opinions are appreciated in advance

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Interracial Marriages In Islam

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 3, 2021 at 12:39 pm

Walikumaslam,

Islam only forbids you to marry mushrik or proven adulterers. Marriage in Islam is an institution to bring up children. If you can fulfil Allah scheme with Indonesian “Muslim” girl then there is no problem.
    However, there might be cultural differences which a person should think on their own. Consider your life plan and also consider family reaction and behaviour before making a decision.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 3, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Marrying divorce is not an issue according to Islam.
    However, one must consider his/her own choice in this regard

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 3, 2021 at 12:50 pm

Islam places no restrictions on marrying a divorced person, or a person from a different race or culture.

As for the cultural differences, you might want to consider whether or not the person you choose to marry will be able to adjust with your family and whether or not you will be able to adjust with hers. In addition, if your families live in close proximity, you might also want to consider whether or not your families will be able to get along. Lack of such adjustments is generally one of the main reasons for complications and even failures in marriages. This is of course not a religious issue, however, something that you should consider before making the biggest decision of your life.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register