Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Living Things Out Of Non-living Things

• Living Things Out Of Non-living Things

Posted by usman Sarwar on April 3, 2021 at 6:23 pm

Salam aur Duaon kay baad arz hai kay Main kuch arsa pahlay Ghamidi sahab ki aik video deikh raha tha jis main Ghamidi sahab was talking about creation of the life. I am a regular aurthor at quora aur kal mere nazar say question guzra kay “How non living things can be created from Living things ” . Uskay neechay buhat say logon nay us 1953 kay experiment ka zikar kia jis main they created amonium acid, kion kay main khud aik engineer hoon aur independent researcher bhi hoon tu I can understand kay yai koi itni bari baat nahin thi because it was just a chemical reaction jo kay chemical laws kay bilkul mutaqbat rakhta tha lakin phir is question pay thori research ki tu maloom hu kay new research shows that scientists have explored what is necessary to bring the life in aur us main wo teen process kahtay hain

1) Material Formation (Chemical reaction which they already did)

2) Metabolism (As per their research they are close to trigger this)

3) Instruction set installation in a cell (In other words DNA)

Tu mera sawal yai hai kay agar insaan kisi cell main life create karnay main kamyaab ho jata hai .. tu kia yai original creation theory jo most of the biologist kay nazdeek sahih hai us ko proof kar day ga… aur phir jo mazhab ka mauqaf hai zindagi ki takhleeq pay wo tu khatam ho jae ga ?

Because we created self awareness machines that when they need energy they go to the sun light they do self maintenance .. ab in machines ko sirf electrical say chemical main lay kar ana hai ?

Faisal Haroon replied 7 months, 1 week ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Living Things Out Of Non-living Things

Faisal Haroon updated 7 months, 1 week ago 5 Members · 16 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 3, 2021 at 7:22 pm

As far as non-living things out of living things, that’s a no brainer. I’m not sure if I understand your question correctly.

I am also not sure which original creation theory you referred to. As far as religion is concerned, it’s addressees are human beings. If we are ever able to create any pseudo life, religion doesn’t aim to address it – just like religion doesn’t aim to address computers and robots.

As far as conscious life is concerned, science is nowhere close to even knowing what it is, let alone creating it. If you provide proper references to some academic scientific material, I can investigate the claims further and post an appropriate response. Just keep in mind that popular science consists of a lot of hype – if you research an issue at the academic level you get a very different picture.

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 3, 2021 at 7:47 pm

Brother, I have masters degree in Science and can comprehend this topic well.

Allah is a creator who created everything living and non-living out of nothing. Before Big Bang there was nothing except Allah.

Scientist can make clone animal and humans. They the modify genes to produce genetically modified crops. They can create different chemicals, difference materials after chemical reactions.

But they can not create life without using all those materials which are already created by Allah.

In short to be a creator you must create something out of noting.

• usman Sarwar

Member April 4, 2021 at 12:33 am

Thanks faisal bhi, I was reading an article somwhere in which the author argues about the creation of life, he said kay agar we prove kay life can came into being automatically if we just simulate the same environment and processes which we think existed years ago then we can eventually prove that this everything has nothing to do with religion at all, its all about the process that evolved and happened with the passage of time. Then I remember Quran’s Ayat Surah Al Hajj — Verse 73.

there is one link as below

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-07289-x

.. May be I cannot comprehend my question clearly but if they are able to make the life from the cell then may be someday reform process can able to create some living or modified thing. Because things which are seem to be totally impossible in 18th and prior century are now possible in 21st century

Is there any possibility we can just chat for a while and I can explain what’s in my mind.

• Ahsan

Moderator April 4, 2021 at 4:46 am

First of all, how they can prove life begin automatically without creating an artificial environment? Since the simulation life is dependent on external factor created by someone so it can never negate that all things which has begining has a cause.
    Creating life it donot nullify religion objective because it donot address how life begin but to attain tazkiya. Kindly refer to understand purpose of religion
    Discussion 1623

Hope it helps

• usman Sarwar

Member April 4, 2021 at 7:46 am

I dont understand you brother Ahsan and I think you also dont understand me !!!

• Ahsan

Moderator April 4, 2021 at 8:20 am

Correct me if I am wrong.
    You are saying, if scientist are able to create life artificially then religious point of view of begining of life will be falsified?

My response was, in essesce Quran says any thing which has begining has cause. And the cause of our life or universe is Allah. furthermore, I wanted to say, Quran donot tell how exactly process of life started, it is open to much interpretation and inferrence. Later I asked you to view purpose of religion in the thread.

• usman Sarwar

Member April 4, 2021 at 8:25 am

There is no question of beginning of life, how it began i dont have any concern i am talking about quran’s challenge “Then I remember Quran’s Ayat Surah Al Hajj — Verse 73″…

• Ahsan

Moderator April 4, 2021 at 8:39 am

May be you will find this video helpful
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGE4plpiqZQ

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 4, 2021 at 3:08 pm

Scientists can not create life without using all those materials which are already created by Allah.

In short to be a creator you must create something out of noting.

• usman Sarwar

Member April 5, 2021 at 7:47 am

Yes if we think logically then we cannot say anything about future, we have to adopt the policy of right unless proven wrong but sometimes there is one more observation that is bothering me…. if we compare the 18th century with 21st century all those religious beliefs (Not with actual islam but with sufiism and even Christianity) are counter by Science ….. in other words…. phir human modernization nay nahin deikha kay kis nay kaha zameen sakin hai… usnay experiement kia proof kia aur aik gharaha khodh kay agay nikal gaya …

• Ahsan

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 2:44 pm

In recent Q&A Session with Ghamidi Sahab on Questions selected from ASK GHAMIDI Platform:

For answer to your question, please refer to the video below from 1:19:11 to 1:20:16

https://youtu.be/apcKbzBbQow?t=4735

• Abdul Sattar Ahmed

Member May 19, 2023 at 8:17 am

I think the real gist of the question here is that until now, normally it’s living cells themselves that are only able to produce other living cells/beings and that until now we have been unable to synthesize anything living from scratch or in other words create what one might imagine as “synthetic artificial life”.

I think what the brother is trying to say is that it seems that scientists are getting closer and closer to creating “artificial synthetic life” and that once they succeed in doing so that will mean that the life in a living thing will no longer be sacred as it is considered according to many if not all religions.

Real question is how to reconcile faith in an age (maybe hypothetical) where we can synthetically create living things from scratch and without any intervention of any other living organisms.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 19, 2023 at 8:49 am

It is not a valid assumption that scientists are getting closer to creating synthetic life. What they are being able to do is to create material objects that mimic the behavior of life. As I stated above, as far as conscious life is concerned, science is nowhere close to even knowing what it is, let alone creating it.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator September 13, 2023 at 8:48 pm

I don’t think that anyone should be paying attention to social media posts regarding serious issues like this, especially those that make claims regarding scientific studies without any proper academic references.

With that said, electromagnetic theories of consciousness are not new. There are several speculative ideas that fall under the category of EM field theories, but they are mostly rejected within the scientific community. Like other physical theories of consciousness, these theories also lack proper scientific evidence. Certain correlations do exist, but by and large EM or energy is yet to be proven to cause consciousness. On the other hand, the hard problem of consciousness, a view held by some very prestigious scientists, suggests that consciousness can never be explained by science.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register