Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Struggling To Fully Believe In Islam

Tagged: 

• Struggling To Fully Believe In Islam

Posted by Sukaina Sumair on April 5, 2021 at 5:25 am

I’ve tried really hard but I can’t seem to develop a strong faith in my heart for Islam. I agree with many things about this religion but some things require more faith and i don’t know why but I don’t get that feeling in my heart. What should I do?

I already believe in one God and my morals and values are very aligned with islam. I haven’t ever committed a serious crime that would hurt someone. I do believe in an afterlife as well. Isn’t this much believe enough? I’m doing everything I can to be a good person. I just can’t seem to call myself Muslim fully and commit to any religion. My relationship with God is really personal and I believe He won’t punish me. However I’d like to know ghamdi sahab’s point of view on this.

Thankyou

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Struggling To Fully Believe In Islam

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • Zayf Shakir

Member April 5, 2021 at 5:50 am

I’d like you to know that you are not the only person with this situation i am in same state as you. I believe God wants us to be a good human. Whatever He has commanded us to do has a certain purpose behind it.

Anyone with logical explanation is welcomed!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 5, 2021 at 9:42 am

The faith that’s required by God is not blind faith, but in fact faith based on evidence – in other words truth. This is no different than believing in gravity. A big portion of the Quran is about providing it’s addressees and readers with evidence based arguments for the basic tenets of our faith, for example, existence of God and the day of judgement. Once we are able to comprehend this then our actions towards others (including those towards God in the form of ibadahs) are necessary consequences of our understanding.

I suggest that you start out with understanding the fundamental premise of Islam (link below), read the Quran, and ask questions wherever clarification is required.

Discussion 1623

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 5, 2021 at 9:45 am

Also if you read Javed Ahmed Ghamidi’s book Meezan and watch the ongoing lectures, it will be a lot of help in this regard.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 5, 2021 at 10:18 am

Please also see:

Discussion 37138

• Umer

Moderator April 5, 2021 at 8:03 pm

Please also refer to:

Discussion 1630

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 5, 2021 at 10:29 pm

I think the point is we all start at a place of prejudice. No one is born with all the arguments for Islam. We just learn as we go on. That’s why I find ex muslims very weird since their journeys are maybe a year long which is definitely not enough research for such drastic action

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register