Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Zakat Calculator Help

• Zakat Calculator Help

Posted by majid latif awan on April 9, 2021 at 1:11 pm

I am trying to use the built in zakat calculator but a little doubt if someone can help me with:

So all my savings from my earning are from my job and sums up to 200,000

This amount includes 55,000 of investment in crypto

Where should I input these values in the zakat calculator ?

Thanks

majid latif awan replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Zakat Calculator Help

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 9, 2021 at 1:34 pm

The zakat calculator has appropriate boxes for your earnings as well as investments. You’ll put the appropriate numbers in their respective boxes. Each box has a description below it that tells you exactly what goes in that box.

• majid latif awan

Member April 9, 2021 at 1:36 pm

Yep it is quite clear but It doesn’t make sense tbh, should I put my savings (earned from my salary) under “zakat on earning” OR “zakat on assets > cash” ??

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 9, 2021 at 1:40 pm

If I earned $100, spent $80, and saved $20 then $100 goes under earnings and $20 under assets.

• majid latif awan

Member April 9, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Excuse my stupidness, but why are you accounting for your 100$ as your earnings( because 10% of it is payable that you don’t have, as you’ve spent 80$ ?!)

The $20 in assets part is clear thanks!!

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 9, 2021 at 3:30 pm

If you earn $100 then you owe either 5% or 10% zakat on it at the time you receive the money. However, many people pay zakat only once a year, which is okay but you still have to account for it.

If you plug in all the numbers as described, the calculator does all the hard work and produces a transparent statement of zakat in the end so that you know exactly what was calculated and how.

• majid latif awan

Member April 9, 2021 at 11:26 pm

Aha yeah that’s clear. And I watched the recent recorded talk of Ghamidi saab on zakat, he mentions on the set date whatever savings I have zakat should be given on it, as opposed to zakat on whatever savings that have been unused for a year atleast.

Could you pls clarify?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 12:33 am

I think that you summed it up correctly. What clarification are you looking for?

• majid latif awan

Member April 10, 2021 at 12:50 am

So bacc my set date for zakat is the 27th of ramadan. Last year 27th ramadan I had 200. And then let’s say this year on the set date I have 300.

Is the zakat on the 200 (being saved since the last year and unused) or 300 (savings of last year + savings done through out the year but not necessarily done a 1 year waiting period ) ?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register