Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Al Bayan Note 42:51

• Al Bayan Note 42:51

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on April 10, 2021 at 12:59 am

This means was only adopted with Moses (sws). No other prophet had this honour.

Al-Baqarah – 2:253

Arabic

تِلۡكَ ٱلرُّسُلُ فَضَّلۡنَا بَعۡضَهُمۡ عَلَىٰ بَعۡضٍۘ مِّنۡهُم مَّن كَلَّمَ ٱللَّهُۖ وَرَفَعَ بَعۡضَهُمۡ دَرَجَٰتٍۚ وَءَاتَيۡنَا عِيسَى ٱبۡنَ مَرۡيَمَ ٱلۡبَيِّنَٰتِ وَأَيَّدۡنَٰهُ بِرُوحِ ٱلۡقُدُسِۗ وَلَوۡ شَآءَ ٱللَّهُ مَا ٱقۡتَتَلَ ٱلَّذِينَ مِنۢ بَعۡدِهِم مِّنۢ بَعۡدِ مَا جَآءَتۡهُمُ ٱلۡبَيِّنَٰتُ وَلَٰكِنِ ٱخۡتَلَفُواْ فَمِنۡهُم مَّنۡ ءَامَنَ وَمِنۡهُم مَّن كَفَرَۚ وَلَوۡ شَآءَ ٱللَّهُ مَا ٱقۡتَتَلُواْ وَلَٰكِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَفۡعَلُ مَا يُرِيدُ

Isn’t this verse clear that more than one prophet was spoke to?

Munnoo Khan replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Al Bayan Note 42:51

Munnoo Khan updated 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 1:01 am

Also surah hud ayaat around 40-50 a conversation between God snd nuh عليه السلام is recorded. Wouldn’t this also be speaking? Just because it doesn’t use the words كلم تكليما isn’t it still implied?

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 1:36 am

Allah did speak to our Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) during the Israa’ and Mi’raaj directly with His own voice and not that of Jibreel’s. He spoke to him directly without Jibreel passing him the message, just like He had spoken to Musa alayhi salaam.The Prophet (ﷺ) mentioned regarding the Mi’raaj:

“Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, ‘What has Allah enjoined on your followers?’ I replied, ‘He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.’ Moses said, ‘Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.’ (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, ‘Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced.’ I again passed by Moses and he said to me: ‘Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, ‘these are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.’ I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, ‘now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.’

Ref: Sahih Bukhari 349 ; islam360

Ibn Hajar says commentating on this Hadith: “This is the strongest evidence that has been used to prove that Allah spoke to His Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) the night of the Israa’ without an intermediary.”

Ref: Fath al-Bary by Ibn Hajr

Ibn Katheer says: “”Among them were those to whom Allah spoke,” meaning, Musa and Muhammad, and also Adam according to a Hadith recorded in Sahih Ibn Hibban from Abu Dhār.”

Ref: Ibn Katheer mentions in the tafseer of the verse 2:253

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register