Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Can A Husband Force A Woman To Have A Child?

Tagged: ,

• Can A Husband Force A Woman To Have A Child?

Posted by Shah Meer on April 10, 2021 at 2:44 am

کیا شوہر بحیثیت سربراہ عورت کو بچہ پیدہ کرنے پر مجبور کرسکتا ہے؟؟

!اگر عورت زہنی طور پر ابھی تیار نہیں ہے تو

Munnoo Khan replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Can A Husband Force A Woman To Have A Child?

Munnoo Khan updated 3 years ago 5 Members · 10 Replies
  • Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 10:08 am

I think you want to know whether contraception is allowed otherwise marriage is a contract where a woman agrees to have sexual relationship with her husband.
    میرا خیال ہے کہ آپ جاننا چاہتی ہیں کہ کیا مانع حمل کی اجازت ہے ورنہ شادی ایک معاہدہ ہے جہاں ایک عورت اپنے شوہر کے ساتھ جنسی تعلقات پر راضی ہوتی ہے۔

• Shah Meer

Member April 10, 2021 at 10:57 am

No plz read again

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 11:25 am

اگر مانع حمل مطلوب نہیں تو کیا آپ کا یہ کہنا ہے کہ اگر بیوی ذہنی طور پر بچے پیدا کرنے کے لئے تیار نہیں ہے تو خاوند کو جنسی تعلقات سے باز رہنا چاہئے۔If not contraception than do you mean to say that husband should abstain from sex if wife is not mentally ready to have kids?

• Umer

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 6:29 pm

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 7:37 pm

Such matters should generally be decided with mutual consent. However, if either the husband or the wife do not feel ready to have children yet, it should ideally be brought to light before getting married. Otherwise, the implicit expectation of both parties in a marriage is to start a family in a reasonable time.

• Shah Meer

Member April 11, 2021 at 1:32 am

In the case I am referring to, the father did not even bother to ask her daughter for consent to marry.

Shadi se pehle iss tarah ka faisla krna toh door ki baat

Main ye poochna chahta hn asi lrkian bouht zehni torcher se guzr rahi hoti hain Asy main kia krna chahiye

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 11, 2021 at 1:37 am

صبر کریں اور اللہ تعالیٰ سے جزا کی امید رکھیں’ بد ترین صورت میں طلاق کا درازہ کھلا ہے

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 11, 2021 at 8:26 am

In my opinion, this should have been discussed before marriage. Even after marriage try to convince husband to align with your thinking or waiting for a few years.

In term of forcing, if the forcing means a husband causing psychological or physical harm to a wife, then husband can’t force.

If it means persistently asking, requesting and trying to convince, then he can. If forcing means, husband considering divorce after all other efforts have failed, then yes he can.

But most logically, if he is a patient person, he can wait for a few years for the right time, or convince her through various means and finally pressure through family members. If it still doesn’t work than the final threat of divorce or perhaps second marriage.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 11, 2021 at 11:34 am

ShahMeer, I think that the perspective of the question is not correct.

A marriage implies that in the near future both the husband and the wife will try to start a family. If the husband wasn’t informed of any different ideas in advance, then it’s not a question of whether he can force his wife to bear a child. The question should be whether or not the wife can refuse to bear a child. The answer to that question is that she can try to convince her husband in a nice manner, however, she has no right to refusal.

As a side note, a lot of times the source of our mental torture is our own behavior. We should consciously try to minimize the contradictions in our thoughts and actions as much as possible. I’m generalizing here so there are definitely exceptions, however, if a woman doesn’t take a stand against her father or the family and gets married against her wishes, now she has only two options. Preferably she should accept her new life and wholeheartedly try to adapt to it, or if not possible then take a stand against her marriage now and get a divorce while the damage is still comparatively low. There’s no point in complicating matters, suffering your own self, and making others around you suffer as well.

In a marriage, it’s really important for both the husband and the wife to be 100% focused and dedicated in the beginning years. Anything less leads to negative consequences of varying degrees in the future.

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 11, 2021 at 12:20 pm

Vow Faisal, I did not know that you could read my mind!

Perfect answer.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register