Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Opinion On Watching Hollywood And Bollywood Movies

Tagged: , ,

• Opinion On Watching Hollywood And Bollywood Movies

Posted by Hamza Ali on April 10, 2021 at 11:53 am

I want to know Ustadh Javed ahmad Ghamidi’s Opinion On Watching Movies (Hollywood and Bollywood)

For example: (Avengers Endgame, Spiderman, Life of Pi, Tere Naam, Apocalypse and much more) 😆

I already accept that some scenes in these movies are extremely inappropriate. But, we can simply skip that part and watch rest of the movie.

Thanks, May Allah SWT guide us all!

Mohammed Zubair Alam replied 2 years, 6 months ago 5 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Opinion On Watching Hollywood And Bollywood Movies

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 10, 2021 at 5:31 pm

If you skip the inappropriate parts then there’s no harm in watching movies for entertainment in leisure time.

• Yasar Moin

Member May 4, 2021 at 10:56 am

Is it okay to watch islamic movies like ‘the message’, ‘muhammad: the messenger of god etc

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 11, 2021 at 9:30 am

Overall I agree with Faisal. In many cases skipping the inappropriate scene may suffice.

In many other cases just skipping a scene or a dance may not be sufficient if a movie is filmed from a perspective to show a positive angle (as a story or just for entertainment) anything that goes against the fundamentals of Islam and the definition of grave sins. Watching such movies for a long time, I believe, would desensitize a person from considering those things as bad; especially young children.

• Mohammed Zubair Alam

Member October 17, 2021 at 2:39 am

But If we don’t skip the dance or such scenes then is it a sin?. Sometimes the the story of the movies also continues in such scenes too. Can I watch it until and unless m not acting upon it.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register