Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Shaytan Using Reason

Tagged: 

• Shaytan Using Reason

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on April 10, 2021 at 1:23 pm

A common argument given against reasoning is ‘the devil was the first to use reason and said he was greater than Adam عليه السلام’

What is the answer to this argument? Is it that shaytan defied a direct order from God out of arrogance. And that his reasoning was inherently flawed? Was the Devil’s reasoning flawed?

Ahmad Shoaib replied 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • 14 Replies
  • Shaytan Using Reason

Ahmad Shoaib updated 3 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 14 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 1:26 pm

I think it’s perhaps that shay tan’s reasoning WAS flawed. Arrogance from being created from fire is not a valid reason to disobey God. It doesn’t make sense that God would make you do something you don’t understand and think is wrong after he gave you intellect surely

• umer Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 1:51 pm

There are two types of reasons

1) For understading something

2) Due to arrogance

permise 1 is very important even to acknowledge the tafseer of particular ayat . Satan use permise 2 but philosophically it is not a reason it will be a arrogance and rationalization.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 1:51 pm

So was his reasoning incorrect?

• umer Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 2:02 pm

Satan was reasoning but it was invalid because he knows that Allah is his creator he have to obey Allah but due his arrogance he refuse to do it. But point is that even pagans were using reasons for saving their buisness. Ther reason was like “Universe is so big how alone one creator can manage it so he must need some dieties”

The differnce between valid and invalid reason is that person himself knows that he is doing it for understanding or just for personal interest.

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 1:59 pm

When Allah has mentioned in Qur’an, the reason why Shaitan disobeyed Allah than there is no room left for further arguments.

(Allah) said: “What prevented you (O Iblis) that you did not prostrate yourself, when I commanded you?” Iblis said: “I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay.”

(سورة الأعراف, Al-A’raaf, Chapter #7, Verse #12

‎فرمایا تجھے سجدہ کرنے سے کس چیز نے منع کیا ہے جب کہ میں نے تجھے حکم دیا کہا میں اس سے بہتر ہوں تو نے مجھے آگ سے بنایا اور اسے مٹی سے بنایا ہے

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I’m not sure if it’s right to say that Satan ‘didn’t understand’. Rather he was just justifying it trying to justify his arrogance. And that justification was meaningless? Who cares if you are made off ire and we are made of clay? God said to do something so you must do it and your reason is simply one of pride and it doesn’t mean that God’s command was illogical.

It’s like if perhaps you told a billionaire to make coffee for a homeless person. If God told him to do this he should just do it. For him to say ‘I’m richer than him’ is just plain arrogance and pride and his wealth is just a gift of God and Satan being made of fire is also just a creation and choice of God so the reasoning is in fact, I would say, logically incorrect

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 2:14 pm

You relied in 8 minutes. It appears that you did not bother to watch the video and read my comments carefully.😊

When Allah (not Ghamidi Sahib or any other scholar) has mentioned clearly in Qur’an, the reason why Shaitan disobeyed Allah than there is no room left for further arguments and asking wasn’t there any other reason behind it other than what Allah has told us.

May Allah give all of give hidayat and forgive our weaknesses (Aameen).

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 2:16 pm

I did watch the video. It is 3 minutes long.

Yes I am just expounding in the psychology behind Iblees’ response. I don’t think I’ve said anything extraneous to the Quran

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 2:21 pm

If you are really sincere finding the psychology behind Shaitan’s response to Allah’s order than you will not try finding reasons other than what Allah has mentioned in Qur’an. Instead you would focus your thoughts in finding reason why Shaitan was thinking that fire is superior than clay?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 2:22 pm

Well it is clear that he was acting out of arrogance.

And I think the analogy I drew shows clearly that his reasoning was flawed

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 2:23 pm

What you gained after this finding?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 3:18 pm

Because if this story is taken incorrectly then reason itself comes under question which is an issue

• umer Khan

Member April 10, 2021 at 3:06 pm

Brother if you listen the whole story of adam & iblis as per ghamidi sahibs interpertetion he described it obviously that it was a test for both angles and jinns and was lesson for adam. Angles got succeed in test while iblis due to his arrogance was refuted and lesson was that if you obey you will succeed and if you disobey you will be punished. Now take a analogy of billonarie if you give 1 billion dollars to someone and ask him to make a tea for your children . What should be his stance ? Same is in the case of satan because he himself dosen’t create him with fire rather he is Allah who created him with this fire and give him that status so he have to obey Allah not Adam . Hope you understand

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 10, 2021 at 3:19 pm

👍

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register