Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Does Cigarette Smoking Break Your Fast?

Tagged: 

• Does Cigarette Smoking Break Your Fast?

Posted by Deleted User 3115 on April 12, 2021 at 9:07 pm

Is using Tobacco and cigarette will not break Roza, argument is given that you don’t eat or drink any thing. Here only things are happening outside nothing will go inside your mouth.

Umer replied 3 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Does Cigarette Smoking Break Your Fast?

Umer updated 3 years ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • Munnoo Khan

Member April 12, 2021 at 9:16 pm

I think that the month of Ramadaan is an opportunity for the one who is sincerely resolved and wants to give up this foul, harmful habit of smoking. I think that it is an opportunity because he is going to abstain from it throughout the day in Ramadaan, and at night he can distract himself from it by means of the food and drink that Allaah has permitted to him, and by frequenting the mosques and attending gatherings of righteous people, and he can keep away from those who have this habit. If he abstains from it throughout the month, then that will be a great help to him in giving it up for the rest of his life. This is an opportunity which smokers should not miss. I personally quit 10 years smoking habit during Ramadaan.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 13, 2021 at 12:32 am

Yes cigarette smoking breaks your fast. Even if you’re not eating or drinking, it’s still against the spirit of fasting.

• Umer

Moderator April 14, 2021 at 4:05 pm

For a detailed response, please refer to the video below from 1:02:44 to 1:05:43

https://youtu.be/kh-kRZP6g1U?t=3764

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register