Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Breaking Of A Vow And Its Kuffara

Tagged: ,

• Breaking Of A Vow And Its Kuffara

Posted by Rimsha on April 13, 2021 at 6:53 am

Can anyone please share Sir Javed Ghamidi’s talk on All types of Vow and its kaffara. Like what would be the kaffara of vow that a person make on darbar(tomb). Or he should break that vow and is there any kaffara. But if is there is no kaffara of that type of vow then can a person do kaffara for his inner satisfaction.

please share some videos talk lec etc that would be more explained and satisfactory than someone’s own opinion if i’ll hear Scholar Javed Ghamidi sb.

Rimsha replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • 10 Replies
  • Breaking Of A Vow And Its Kuffara

Rimsha updated 3 years ago 3 Members · 10 Replies
  • Munnoo Khan

Member April 13, 2021 at 7:17 am

Following is the most recent discussion on the topic of Vows:

Discussion 47154 • Reply 47154

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 13, 2021 at 7:25 am
  • Rimsha

Member April 13, 2021 at 8:16 am

Not satisfactory answer can please someone share Sir Ghamidi’s talk on it or explanation

• Umer

Moderator April 14, 2021 at 3:50 pm

There’s no kaffara for breaking a vow/mannat fulfilling of which requires shirk.

For lecture by Ghamidi Sahab on Qasam and Kuffara-e-Qasam, please refer to the video below from 24:47 to 35:26 and from 38:38 to 39:43 and from 41:36 to 44:28 and from 46:00 to 47:49

https://youtu.be/GlaKWekVK84?t=1487

• Rimsha

Member April 15, 2021 at 7:59 am

so means Vow of Ghair Allah or baseless vow breaks we have to do its kaffara must right??

• Umer

Moderator April 15, 2021 at 2:57 pm

Baseless vows and vows of Ghair Allah are two separate things. In a baseless vow, we do take oath with Allah’s name on it, but Quran has exempted such routine baseless vows from Kuffara, however, one should be mindful of taking such vows as well.

Vows invoking anyone other than Allah are an absolute shirk. Since Allah’s name is not invoked, therefore, there is no kuffara for that. However, it is a bigger sin than breaking vows and paying their kuffara. One should repent sincerely for indulging in such a polytheistic act and keep repenting under the hope that God may forgive Him on the day of judgement. There is no kuffara for polytheism except for absolute, continuous and unconditional repentance.

• Rimsha

Member April 18, 2021 at 4:59 pm

But previously In this discussion a member Munnoo khan shared a discussion 47154 in which we have to pay kaffara if we break vow means if someone make a vow that he/she would get this he/she will go to tomb(Dargha) that say salam and put (chandi ky bott ka charhawa) there but after making that vow later he/she realize that kind of vow haram and shirk he should must break that vow and pay it kaffara.

And in that above Sir Javed Ghamidi’s talk he explained Qasam and Nazar and kaffara and he also explained that Qasam other than Allah is shirk but he didn’t talk about its kaffara and He said Nazar in Allah’s disobedience (Nafarmani) should not be maked but if someone make it then should break it and pay kaffara

I am very confused what to do I am not getting any satisfactory clear answer and answer of my exact point that i want to know please any one here can help to get my answer what Sir Javed Ghamidi’s Point on that. I heard Sir Faiz syed he said whatever vow you make if its wrong you realized later then break it and pay Kaffara because it was vow whatever it was so you should pay kaffara and get the safe side so I am very confused please give me Sir Ghamidi’s exact clear answer on it please I get different opinions and I am afraid that If i follow the wrong opinion and didn’t pay kaffara then something bad can happen so please share help Sir Javed Ghamidi’s clear answer please that If someone make vow that he will go to tomb say salam and will put(chandi ky bott ka charhawa) there then he should break tha vow but Should pay kaffara??

• Umer

Moderator April 19, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Quran speaks about vows that are made in the name of Allah and gives directives related to those vows only. However, making of a vow in any name other than Allah doesn’t fall in those directives, instead, it becomes a polytheistic act and penance should be done the way it is done in case of other polytheistic acts. If a vow has been made in name other than Allah and broken later on, then who are you offering kaffara to? and for what?

Hopefully, Irfan Sahab (@Irfan76 ) can give you a much satisfactory answer.

• Rimsha

Member April 19, 2021 at 2:27 pm

I’ll definitely ask him too Thank you for kind reply and explanation.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register