Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Hadith About Death Punishment For Blasphemy

• Hadith About Death Punishment For Blasphemy

Posted by Sana Fatima on April 13, 2021 at 1:22 pm

I had a discussion with a friend on blasphemy. I was of the point that there is no worldly punishment, for the one who commits blasphemy, in Quran. But he quoted a hadith in which Prohet Muhammad (PBUH) commanded his fellows to murder a person who said wrong things about him. Now, neither I nor he could find any reference online but I have heard this same hadith at many places and used by clerics often to justify the punishment of blasphemy. Is there any such hadith where Prophet himself ordered a punishment for anyone committing the act of blasphemy?

Umer replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Hadith About Death Punishment For Blasphemy

Umer updated 3 years ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • Dewan Syed Mohsin Bukhari

Member April 13, 2021 at 2:03 pm

Yes sister there are such hadith’s where the content is somewhat similar to blasphemy punishments, though I don’t remeber the reference. But once I heard Javed Ghamidi sahab explaining that those hadith’s were misunderstood for blashphemy punishment. Actually, those acts of killing were under tha law of Itmam Al Hujjah as explained in Quran.

Wallaho Aalam

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 13, 2021 at 2:43 pm

Please refer to:

Discussion 36046

• Sana Fatima

Member April 13, 2021 at 11:43 pm

I am still confused. He says the hadith is extremely weak but then agrees with the content based on itmam-e-hujjat. A person took law in his hand and prophet appreciated. Why??

• Munnoo Khan

Member April 13, 2021 at 11:52 pm

He explained it further by saying that it was true only when Prophet pbuh was among them because of “itemam-e-hujjat”.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 13, 2021 at 11:54 pm

The punishment for the deniers of Prophet Muhammad SAW was rendered by God through the hands of companions of Prophet Muhammad.

The following thread has more details about the law of Itmam-e-Hujjah and frequently asked questions:

Discussion 37972

• Umer

Moderator April 14, 2021 at 2:45 pm

To further understand the basis of misconception related to Blasphemy and how to understand all the narrations which are often misconstrued with blasphemy in isolation, please watch these lectures:

Discussion 1278 • Reply 28106

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register