Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Gender Equality In Marriage

Tagged: , ,

• Gender Equality In Marriage

Posted by Zaeem Siddiqui on April 13, 2021 at 9:35 pm

Aoa,

I have been interested to learn about gender equality in the eyes of Islam because of how I see things in our desi culture and have watched a lot of videos of Ghamidi Sb on this topic including his old debates/discussion with students on Geo. If I have understood him correctly, he says that men and women are absolutely equal in creation but not in relationships.

Yaani Maa aur Betay mein Maa humesha bartari ke mukaam per hogi halaan k voh aurat hai. Issi tarah Shaadi, agli naslon ke liye Allah ki aik ghair mamooli scheme hai, jis mein kayi zimmedariyon ke sath Allah ne sarbarahi mard ko di hai. Aurat jo kamaaye uss per koi zimmedari nahi hai ghar per denay ki, etc.

But, I was just listening to him on facebook where he’s speaking to Jibran Nasir on his nikkah where he says “…aur yeh bilkul barabari ki sata ka rishta hai, dono ko Allah ne insaan banaya hai, aur insaan ki haisiyat se dono ko fazeelat bakhshi hai…”.

So I am just curious has his view on this changed? Or did I misunderstand him and there is no contradiction?

Thank you so much,

Zaeem

Zaeem Siddiqui replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Gender Equality In Marriage

Zaeem Siddiqui updated 3 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 13, 2021 at 11:41 pm

Without a link to the video you referenced I can’t comment on what Ghamidi sahab might have said, however, there’s no change in his stance in this regard.

Please watch the video below that was recorded a couple of weeks ago from 54:43 to 59:27:

https://youtu.be/RKCOvg5F_Z4?start=54m43s

• Zaeem Siddiqui

Member April 18, 2021 at 7:15 am

It’s on Muhammad Jibran Nasir’s Facebook page. I tried to get the link for you but it wouldn’t let me for some reason.

But this clears it out for me. Thank you.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register