Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Migraine While Fasting

Tagged: 

• Migraine While Fasting

Posted by Haseeb Faisal on April 13, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Asalamoalaikum,

I have a relative who has terrible migraines every time she fasts, whereas in the past she was able to do it comfortably. I saw a video where a scholar says that such a person should fast regardless, and break the fast if/when they suffer from a migraine. Is this necessary, or is the person allowed to skip the fasts altogether without waiting for this point? I’m just concerned about the health ramifications of this approach, as well as the toll it would take on my relative. Please advise me.

JazakAllah

Faisal Haroon replied 3 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Migraine While Fasting

Faisal Haroon updated 3 years ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Munnoo Khan

Member April 14, 2021 at 12:05 am

Qur’an 2:185.

شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِي أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَىٰ وَالْفُرْقَانِ ۚ فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ ۖ وَمَن كَانَ مَرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَىٰ سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ ۗ يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلَا يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُوا الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُوا اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ

Saheeh: The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey – then an equal number of other days. Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship and [wants] for you to complete the period and to glorify Allah for that [to] which He has guided you; and perhaps you will be grateful.

رمضان کا وہ مہینہ ہے جس میں قرآن اتارا گیا جو لوگوں کے واسطے ہدایت ہے اور ہدایت کی روشن دلیلیں اور حق و باطل میں فرق کرنے والا ہے سو جو کوئی تم میں سے اس مہینے کو پالے تو اس کے روزے رکھے اور جو کوئی بیمار یا سفر پر ہو تو دوسرے دنو ں سے گنتی پوری کر ے اللہ تم پر آسانی چاہتا ہے اور تم پر تنگی نہیں چاہتا اور تاکہ تم گنتی پوری کر لو اور تاکہ تم الله کی بڑائی بیان کرو اس پر کہ اس نے تمہیں ہدایت دی اور تاکہ تم شکر کرو

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 14, 2021 at 12:15 am

Please refer to:

Discussion 32197

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register