Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Zakat On Property Rent

Tagged: 

• Zakat On Property Rent

Posted by Hassaan Adil on April 15, 2021 at 11:26 am

agr mara pas Property ha…. jis ka rent mugha after every one year milta ha…. or wo zakat k nisab k pr ha…. to kia us pr Zakat ho gee

Hassaan Adil replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Zakat On Property Rent

Hassaan Adil updated 3 years ago 2 Members · 6 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 15, 2021 at 12:57 pm

In short, yes. Please enter appropriate numbers in out Zakat Calculator after reading description for each box. When you reach the end, it will generate a statement showing you exactly what percentage is applied to what and how much you owe. It’s also a great way to learn the sharia of zakat.

View Zakat Calculator

• Hassaan Adil

Member April 15, 2021 at 4:23 pm

ok…. and is it just on the rent or also on the property that is on rent…..

secondly can you please tell me i didn’t knew about Zakat on rent so i wasn’t paying Zakat of it… so what shall i do… for Zakat of all those years…. shall i pay it now?

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 15, 2021 at 6:12 pm

The property on rent is exempt from zakat. If you read and follow the instructions in our Zakat Calculator this will be sufficiently evident.

Yes you can pay your previously due zakat. Since you made this error due to lack of knowledge, it can be hoped that Insha’allah it will be accepted.

• Hassaan Adil

Member April 15, 2021 at 4:31 pm

i heard that the Zakat implements on it if this money lasts for 1year and i am not using it…

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 15, 2021 at 6:16 pm

This is a misconception. The correct concept is that zakat on your assets is due once a year. On the day your zakat is due, you have pay zakat on whatever assets you own on that day excluding anything that’s exempt. This has nothing to do with your earnings zakat (rent in this case) which is due as soon as the money is received.

• Hassaan Adil

Member April 15, 2021 at 6:20 pm

Ok… thanks a lot

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register