Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Will Parents Be Accountable For Hurting Their Children's Emotions

Tagged: ,

• Will Parents Be Accountable For Hurting Their Children's Emotions

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 11 months ago 5 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator April 20, 2021 at 3:34 am

No because they stopped you from doing wrong deeds :p

• Shah Meer

Member April 20, 2021 at 3:44 am

Actually! My question was about those who scold their children not for the wrong thing but for no reason ۔۔۔and further that they use very rude and inappropriate language … This has a very negative effect on the child’s mental health.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 20, 2021 at 4:52 am

I think, bad language and acts with bad intentions are not excusable. Also, anything that indirectly influences or hurts a child may be inappropriate too; such as severe issues among parents, inappropriate immoral or illegal acts around the child.

• Shah Meer

Member April 20, 2021 at 7:49 am

Yes Exactly and even bachon ko sari zindagi mental trauma se guzrna prta hai

Wo smjhte hain unke sath ye salook kia gya toh unhone aage apne bachon k sath b yahi salook krna hai

• Afia Khan

Member April 20, 2021 at 9:58 am

I think parents are the guides but not the owners of their kids. Kids are amanah of Allah SWT. Whenever I read the dua

رب ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِي صَغِيرًا

I always think if parents are gentle and merciful to their kids then they will be eligible for Allah SWT’s Marcy. We can make dua for abusive parents of their forgiveness but as parents we should be very careful with dealing with our kids. This is the matter of معاملات . As parent I feel it requires lots of sabr too. We should learn from the mistakes of our parents. As nobody can change past but can make the future of our kids better.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 20, 2021 at 10:29 am

Seldom is it required to scold our children to get a point across. When we have to resort to power, it generally means that we’re failing in getting down to the level of our child’s comprehension and make them understand something. Without proper understanding, even if our child behaves correctly, it will only be temporary. Besides children get immune to scolding rather quickly.

A lot of times as parents we think that our job is to raise perfect children who are completely protected and make no mistakes. That’s a problem with our own understanding of parenting. Our job is to raise children who can make their own decisions correctly assessing right from wrong, learn from their mistakes, have a keen sense of self accountability, and hold truth as a very high value even it goes against their own interests. Raising children this way requires a lot of patience, and even a lot of trial and error. Along the way, there are lots of things that we as parents learn too.

To answer your question, in principle we will be held accountable for any unjustified aggression, regardless of whether it’s against children, adults, or even other living things. What is justified can vary from situation to situation.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register