A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Sehri Time

Tagged: ,

• Sehri Time

Muhammad Wasif updated 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 21, 2021 at 1:26 pm

The principle has been explained in the video. You can decide for your own self depending upon where you live, what time your TV channel announces, or which calendar you follow.

https://youtu.be/tk5VXYXr67w

• Muhammad Wasif

Member April 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm

But in the above mentioned video that I shared he said that we can eat a few minutes after the time is announced on TV or calendar because it’s not an exact time it is just a symbol of a 10 to 15 minutes time duration. I wanted guidance on that

• Umer

Moderator April 21, 2021 at 1:42 pm

This is a principle based explanation of nature of establishing Suhoor time, that considering the nature of ‘talu-e-fajar’, there is room for subjective conclusion and in deciding suhoor time, there can be slight differences between different sects and between different religious groups as well. However, we should follow the time that we genuinely think is the right time. The exception is only limited to genuine cases where someone is already eating something and in-between that eating, the time that he thinks is the right time for Suhoor already ticked the clock. The prophet (SWS) only allowed such a person to finish their meal and not leave their meal in-between. This should not be considered as a general principle. If someone adopts this as a habit of going against what he truly believes to be the right time of Suhoor, is an attitude of istakbaar and we all should be mindful of that.

Ghamidi Sahab has also explained this very categorically in the following links:

Discussion 47162 • Reply 47433

Discussion 47162 • Reply 68808

• Muhammad Wasif

Member April 21, 2021 at 1:49 pm

Yeah got it. This was exactly my confusion. it cleared my confusion now. Thank you

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register