Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia False Documentation To Avoid Zakat Deduction From Bank Account

Tagged: , ,

• False Documentation To Avoid Zakat Deduction From Bank Account

Posted by Momin Khan on April 22, 2021 at 2:22 am

اسلام وعلیکم

بینک اکاؤنٹ کھولنے کے لیے بینک والے ایک سٹانپ پیپر جمع کرواتے ہیں جس سے اکاؤنٹ میں سے زکوٰۃ کی کٹوتی نہیں ہوتی ہے۔ اس میں یہ لکھا ہوتا ھے کہ میں اہل تشیع ہو لہذا مجھ سے کی کٹوتی نہ ہو۔ کیا یہ صحیح ھو گا اگر میں صرف فرمیلیٹی پوری کرنے کے لیے ایسا کرو۔ کیونکہ میں نہیں چاہتا کہ میری زکوٰۃ بینک والے کاٹے۔

Umer replied 2 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • False Documentation To Avoid Zakat Deduction From Bank Account

Umer updated 2 years, 12 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 22, 2021 at 9:40 am

Zakat is first and foremost the right of the state. Bank is just an intermediary that deducts zakat from your account and sends it to the state.

Secondly, please be aware that falsifying information on documents is not only a crime but also a sin. Even if we do not get caught in this world, we will have to justify our actions in the court of God on the day of judgement.

• Momin Khan

Member April 22, 2021 at 11:27 am

I know and i understand but the thing is that how i should know that zakat is send to state.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 22, 2021 at 11:55 am

You can verify with your respective Zakat Council if they have authorized banks to deduct zakat. Whether or not your bank remits your zakat to the state is not your responsibility.

• Umer

Moderator April 22, 2021 at 1:46 pm

In Pakistan, no Zakat is deducted from current account, it is only deducted from Savings Account and for that, we can submit a declaration to Bank where we can state that we will pay Zakat ourselves and our Zakat should not be deducted. There is no condition of declaring yourself as Ahl-e-Tashih.

For comments of Ghamidi Sahab, please refer to the video below from 42:32 to 47:30

https://youtu.be/zOMV4lmUKu4?t=2552

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register