Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Arbitration After Third Divorce

Tagged: ,

• Arbitration After Third Divorce

Posted by Arshad Muhammad on April 25, 2021 at 10:06 am

A person divorced 2 times and made ruju to wife. Then he made 3rd divorce in court but later on submit request for arbitration in council. Now court gave home time to wait as they will get fatwa in this regard. Is talaq happened or not

Nadeem Minhas replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Arbitration After Third Divorce

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • Nadeem Minhas

Member April 25, 2021 at 10:46 pm

I am not a scholar, but I think filing of divorce is the same as verbally divorcing. Since it is the third time, I think divorce is likely to be permanent now.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 25, 2021 at 11:24 pm

Divorce matters are not that simple. There are certain conditions for divorce, and a lot of times previous divorces do not count because some or all of those conditions were not met. However, if the previous two divorces were indeed valid, then the third divorce is final and the man cannot take his wife back until she marries someone else and gets gets divorced by the second husband because of an unplanned reason.

For details please refer to:

Discussion 29865

• Nadeem Minhas

Member April 25, 2021 at 11:36 pm

I totally agree with Faisal; the details matter. The first two instances must meet all the criteria to be counted; such as divorcing in calm and balanced state of mind; not in anger, under the influence or unstable mind, etc.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register