A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Masturbation During Fasting

Tagged: ,

• Masturbation During Fasting

Umer updated 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • Hassaan Adil

Member April 26, 2021 at 3:07 am

Mastarbation mainly involves some sexual content or absurd imaginations other than wife…. wouldn’t it be included in “Fahashi” that is prohibited as Quran said…. and as I heard Javad Ahmed Ghamdi sahib that fasting is the name for patience (to control his desires) and its result should be the “Tazkia” of ones inward personality…. wouldn’t it be against the basic objective of Fasting…?….

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 26, 2021 at 3:33 am

This is another discussion that we’ve already had about the permissibility of Masturbationen itself. This is about its permissibility during fasting

• Hassaan Adil

Member April 26, 2021 at 4:04 am

yes that’s what i meant…. how can anything be permissible if it is against the basic objective of Fasting?… the factor of Tazkia or controlling one’s desires in Fasting is clearly trampled in it….. i have read the article you mentioned above…. but i am still confused … that how anything that is against the basic aim of Fasting could be right… 🙄

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 26, 2021 at 4:45 am

That does make sense but we still need some evidence because worship rituals are set by Quran or sunnah

• Umer

Moderator April 26, 2021 at 1:25 pm

As per my understanding, all means of sexual gratification are prohibited just like they have been prohibited during ihram.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor April 27, 2021 at 2:29 am

Yes but the fact of no intercourse is clear in the Quran. One could do qiyas that the usul is that sexual gratification is prohibited. However the Quran could’ve easily said that. So why does it only mention eg ولا تباشروهن وانتم عاكفون في المساجد for example

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 28, 2021 at 11:19 pm

Umer Qureshi sahab’s response is correct,

Quran verse 2:187 that you referenced above was revealed in response to a particular situation, as it is clear from the context. There was no need to specifically mention masturbation in that verse.

Remember that fasting is a sunnah that has been transmitted to us through ijma and tawatur, thereby any kind of sexual gratification invalidates fasting.

• Umer

Moderator July 27, 2021 at 4:49 am

The discussion "Masturbation During Fasting" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now