Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Iddah For Divorce In Case Of Abuse

Tagged: ,

• Iddah For Divorce In Case Of Abuse

Posted by Saira on April 28, 2021 at 9:14 pm

If a woman wants to take khula from her abusive husband, does she still have to wait 3 months in his home before leaving? Staying in home might cause her more harm from him. She also fears that he might make ruju. Does she has to start khula procedure all over again, if husband who made ruju after khula and she is adamant that she doesnt want to live with him. Also what happens if woman still wants to follow procedure but he kicks her out? Is divorce procedure completed if husband wife interrupt like that by immediately leaving?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Iddah For Divorce In Case Of Abuse

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator April 28, 2021 at 11:30 pm

In this kind of a situation, the period of iddah can be spent elsewhere. The key thing is to be sure to avoid any situations which may raise doubts about a potential child.

Husband kicking the wife out of the house doesn’t result in an automatic divorce. The divorce procedure still must follow afterwards.

• Saira

Member May 1, 2021 at 1:22 am

Thanks. The thing I wanted to be clear about is that if divorce is initiated by either divorce or khula and if proper procedure of divorce which Allah has prescribed to take while carrying out divorce is not followed properly e.g if divorce is initiated by husband consciously and he asks his wife to leave or wife leaves, or they don’t appoint any witnesses for divorce. Is not following steps of divorce prescribed by Allah means that you are just sinful (but divorce happens anyways because either it was given in full consciousness or done by mutual agreement) or divorce is not completed and has to be done again by strictly following the quran procedure. I hope I am not too confusing.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 2, 2021 at 5:13 pm

It can vary from situation to situation. My response above is in the particular situation of abuse as you have stated in the original question.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register