Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Seeking Layla Tul Qadr On The Odd Nights

Tagged: , ,

• Seeking Layla Tul Qadr On The Odd Nights

Posted by Zuhair on May 2, 2021 at 10:23 am

“Seek it in the last ten days, on the odd nights,” (Hadith, Bukhari and Muslim).

As Ghamidi sb said that the day of layla tul Qadr is not fixed but some say it is in the last 10 days and according to this hadith it’s in the odd nights. So doing ibadat in these 4 odd nights is it enough?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Seeking Layla Tul Qadr On The Odd Nights

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 12 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 2, 2021 at 5:45 pm

Please clarify what do you mean by enough. Enough for what? Also please always provide proper references to anything said by anyone.

• Zuhair

Member May 3, 2021 at 11:14 am

Nahi what I meant was that generally speaking are these 4 odd nights amongst the special nights in which there are chances of Layla tul Qadr as mentioned in the above Hadith, or it can be in any of the last 10 nights? And sorry but the above Hadith I found it on the internet and I’m not sure of it’s authenticity so please guide me

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 3, 2021 at 1:39 pm

There are different opinions in this regard. There’s not even consensus on whether this night comes every year or once in a while. That said, the last ten nights of Ramadan are special anyway because it’s the end of a special month and the odd nights even more so because more people think that The Night of Power (laylatul qadr) is in the odd nights, even though nothing can be said with certainty about it’s occurrence.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register