Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Marks Of Sajdah On Forehead

Tagged: , ,

• Marks Of Sajdah On Forehead

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on May 2, 2021 at 6:23 pm

Is this a literal mark or more of a metaphorical radiance from submission?

Al-Fath – 48:29

Arabic

مُّحَمَّدٌ رَّسُولُ ٱللَّهِۚ وَٱلَّذِينَ مَعَهُۥٓ أَشِدَّآءُ عَلَى ٱلۡكُفَّارِ رُحَمَآءُ بَيۡنَهُمْۖ تَرَىٰهُمۡ رُكَّعًا سُجَّدًا يَبۡتَغُونَ فَضۡلًا مِّنَ ٱللَّهِ وَرِضۡوَٰنًاۖ سِيمَاهُمۡ فِى وُجُوهِهِم مِّنۡ أَثَرِ ٱلسُّجُودِۚ ذَٰلِكَ مَثَلُهُمۡ فِى ٱلتَّوۡرَىٰةِۚ وَمَثَلُهُمۡ فِى ٱلۡإِنجِيلِ كَزَرۡعٍ أَخۡرَجَ شَطۡـَٔهُۥ فَـَٔازَرَهُۥ فَٱسۡتَغۡلَظَ فَٱسۡتَوَىٰ عَلَىٰ سُوقِهِۦ يُعۡجِبُ ٱلزُّرَّاعَ لِيَغِيظَ بِهِمُ ٱلۡكُفَّارَۗ وَعَدَ ٱللَّهُ ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ وَعَمِلُواْ ٱلصَّٰلِحَٰتِ مِنۡهُم مَّغۡفِرَةً وَأَجۡرًا عَظِيمًۢا

Nadeem Minhas replied 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Marks Of Sajdah On Forehead

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 years, 9 months ago 5 Members · 12 Replies
  • Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 2, 2021 at 6:24 pm

Also when we see practically it’s true that many of the amazing ulema we see today don’t have these marks. It’s usually only just the maulvis with green turbans and red beards

• Umer

Moderator May 3, 2021 at 2:28 pm

Please refer to the video below from 19:06 to 19:51

https://youtu.be/RAFM2KvU32U?t=1146

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 9:11 am

The phrasing is ‘the marks of sajda in their faces’. If you see the video I sent of mufti Abu layth elaborates that it is more likely to mean a look of determination.

It would be believable if some people had this mark- but we only see these marks in as I said the red beard green turban maulvis and no normal person really has this

• Shah Meer

Member May 4, 2021 at 12:56 pm

My father has this mark..He is not a moulvi 😁

Infact I see many people who has that mark

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 2:08 pm

Maybe I’m in an especially wicked part of the population 🤣🤣

• Umer

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 2:47 pm

In linguistics, face also covers the forehead, one can use a separate word for that if one wants to be specific, but use of general word face can also cover that, specifically when the qareena is there in the Quran i.e. the marks of prostration always appear on the forehead, we know this from years of experience, therefore, it is definitely talking about forehead marks. But at the same time, I don’t think Quran is mentioning any principle here, that every person who prostrates gets a mark on forehead, it is simply pointing towards the specific situation of Sahabas, which as it seems that many of them had achieved such marks because of prostrating profusely, both in tahajjud and in other prayers as well.

P.S. You’re too young for a mark like this, just give it a few more years and you will see hopefully Wink

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Then why does the ayah say ‘in their faces’ it should be ‘on their faces’

• Umer

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 3:15 pm

اُن کی پہچان اُن کے چہروں پر سجدوں کے نشان سے ہے

(I am not an Arabic expert but the urdu translation seems alright to me)

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 3:18 pm

وَرِضۡوَٰنًاۖ سِيمَاهُمۡ فِى وُجُوهِهِم مِّنۡ أَثَرِ ٱلسُّجُودِۚ
      It says في

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor July 25, 2021 at 8:06 pm
  • Dr. Irfan Shahzad

Scholar July 26, 2021 at 11:41 am

Prepositions of every language work on their own way.

کوئی چیز کسی کے چہرے پر بھیکنا

And to throw something in one’s face are same with different prepositions, which at times correspond each other, too

• Nadeem Minhas

Member July 26, 2021 at 11:39 pm

Just like anything true or fake. The Quran is talking about those pious people who are in Sajdah so often and so frequently that a mark is developed.

In contrast if someone artificially tries to make a mark, whether through intentionally hitting his forehead hard or pressing it hard against the floor, such mark is meaningless.

Allah knows everything.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register