Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Nisab For Zakat In Tax Free Countries

Tagged: ,

• Nisab For Zakat In Tax Free Countries

Posted by Shahla Anbreen on May 3, 2021 at 4:13 am

Since I am working in Gulf which is tax free place.

How would I measure that if my monthly earning is above Nisab?

As per Gahmdi Sahab if its 1119 kg of dates, we may calculate if our salaries are above that amount for Zakat?

Kindly confirm anyone.

Umer replied 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Nisab For Zakat In Tax Free Countries

Umer updated 2 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 3, 2021 at 8:40 am

For nisab of production/earnings one should use government’s tax exemption for salaried people. In case there is no such exemption available, one can use the nisab of amount equivalent to 653 kg of dates. If your yearly earnings are above that amount then zakat becomes due.

For zakat on assets, again one should use the nisab provided by the government. In case where they don’t provide a nisab, one should use 642g of silver as nisab.

Please enter appropriate numbers in our Zakat Calculator after reading description for each box. When you reach the end, it will generate a statement showing you exactly what you owe after any applicable deductions, and what percentage was applied to what. It’s also a great way to learn the sharia of zakat.

View Zakat Calculator

• Shahla Anbreen

Member May 4, 2021 at 6:19 am

Thank You Brother Faisal for reply.

Please correct me for salaries the nisab should be applied for each salary or yearly income? My understanding is that nisab is applied every time there is a produce. Since, salary is a produce per month hence, nisab is also applicable per month ie if monthly income is more than 653 KG dates.

Another thing that needs further ijtihad is as how much amount per kg should be taken while converting dates into money?

Eg the whole sale rates are different which would actually apply to agricultural produce.

Would it be fine to consider the price of dates that a zakat giving person chooses him/herself from market. Since types of dates may vary in price also.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 7:41 am

Harvest is generally once a year so when applying to salaries, nisab is applied to yearly salaries.

Yes it’s correct that the price of dates should be according to what one normally consumes.

• Shahla Anbreen

Member May 4, 2021 at 10:46 am

So as per your answer if produce is to be consider yearly, zakat on salary is also to be considered yearly?

What I understood from Ghamidi Sahab is that Zakat is payable the time we get salary. Plus agricultural produce is at the harvest which may be twice thrice etc a year. Its not about yearly i guess it is monthly for salary.

Kindly confirm from Hasan Bhai again. Will be very thankful for clarification.

The discussion "Nisab For Zakat In Tax Free Countries" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now