Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Hadith About Gates Of Heaven And Hell

Tagged: , ,

• Hadith About Gates Of Heaven And Hell

Posted by Zaid Khan on May 3, 2021 at 10:04 am

i have heard Ghamidi sahab say that Jannat and Jahannam will be made out of the matter suspended in space right now, implying that jannat is not physically in shape right now. if that is true then what is the explanation to the hadith:

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “When the month of Ramadan begins, the gates of the heaven are opened, the gates of Hellfire are closed, and the devils are chained.”

Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 1899, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1079

how can the doors heaven be opened and of hellfire be closed when they are not made yet?

Mohammad Yaseen replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Hadith About Gates Of Heaven And Hell

• Haris Virk

Moderator May 3, 2021 at 12:03 pm

This is a figurative expression to refer to the mercy of God. Please watch the following video from the beginning to 15:00 wherein Ghamidi sahab explains this Hadith among a few others.

https://youtu.be/FF77OygB3t4

• Zaid Khan

Member May 3, 2021 at 5:21 pm

thank you, but I’m still a bit confused, how do we decide what in the Quran or hadith is figuratively and which is literally. if you have any answer to that please guide me. jazak’Allah khayr

• Haris Virk

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 5:58 am

Like Ghamidi sahab explained in the video that this Hadith has reached us in a number of ways. In some reports. it is said that the ‘gates of the skies’ are opened, in others ‘gates of ‘heaven’. The interpretation is based on the principles in the following thread:

Discussion 1042

• Sohail Kouser

Member May 4, 2021 at 12:16 pm

Yes, very confused as to who decides what is literal and what is figurative.

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 11:35 am

As I see it.

Let’s say we have a mathematical problem to solve.

We have 2 formulas to apply. One formula doesn’t solve it and the other does.

Metaphor and real are 2 formulas!

Which ever formula gives the closest result or the exact result is true.

🤲💐

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 5:31 pm

As I see it.

Theory of relativity posits that time and space are intertwined and the past, present and future exist at the same time and it only takes form in where you slice the space-time fabric. Others have tried to explain it further that human brains are evolved into seeing only the present, for our brains would have been overloaded if we saw the past, present and future at the same time.

Boethius and others have said that God is independent of time. He has no present or past or future. Time is only for us. So heaven and hell would exist in this way, they always have; they are the future for us but the present for God.

Something to ponder upon.

Stay blessed, always.🤲

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 5:41 pm

To understand space-time concept watch this video

https://www.facebook.com/freethinkmedia/videos/2772830796321799/

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 5:42 pm

To understand space-time watch this video

https://www.facebook.com/freethinkmedia/videos/2772830796321799/

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register