Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Science Near Death Experience And Angels

Tagged: ,

• Near Death Experience And Angels

Posted by Sohail Kouser on May 4, 2021 at 12:23 pm

Salaam,

In Islam it is said that the angel come to take out the soul but most people( muslims and non muslims )who have had near death experiences report a tunnel with a light at the end but no one reports seeing an angel, or some being ..

The question is that why no one reports seeing an Angel ?

Thanks

Afia Khan replied 2 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 15 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Near Death Experience And Angels

Afia Khan updated 2 years, 11 months ago 7 Members · 15 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 1:11 pm

This kind of vision have been reported for both Near death experience and people under extreme G-force.
    The vision varies from culture to culture. It has been reported that Hindus have seen Yamraj, Christian have seen Jesus and I heard one interview from a misguided muslim fellow who witnessed hoors.
    Since, we have no info from Quran O sunnah, what will person see during their death (atleast I m unware of it), we cannot comment on it.
    There have been various theories but ofcoarse inconclusive which include consumption of certain drug, lack of oxygen in brain, dysfunction of temporal lobe
    you may find following article and papers helpful
    https://www.newsweek.com/what-happens-when-you-die-scientists-have-recreated-near-death-experience-1102292
    https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/BF01074007.pdf
    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15043643/

• Ali

Member May 4, 2021 at 2:45 pm

Hoors would be nice Slight Smile

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 1:19 pm

I don’t know much about NDE, however, just a quick search on Google shows books and articles in academic journals that report witnessing angels by those who experienced NDE.

Angels in Near-Death Experiences | University of North Texas

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 1:56 pm

Try this for some insight. It is a complete branch of science.

https://youtu.be/4RGizqsLumo

• Sohail Kouser

Member May 5, 2021 at 2:48 am

Thanks a lot for sharing….

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 4, 2021 at 6:51 pm

I always wondered if angels were so prone to mistakes that they would allow so many people to die and see all that is being reported by NDE people and then angels scramble to correct that mistake and bring these people back to life.

I think angels can’t make mistakes so serious so often. Also since NDE experience normally aligns with people’s faith, that means it is a hallucination created by our mind.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 7:17 pm

How do you conclude that angels can’t make mistakes? Also how do you conclude that those are in fact mistakes and not something that they actually plan to do anyway?

In matters where we have no way to reach conclusions I think it’s best to accept that we don’t know.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 4, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Faisal, I did not reach conclusion, but I wonder if something like this happen. There are clues in all directions.

There are some clues that shows that angels may have made mistakes. Many people reported that they were sent back by a voice saying that it is not yet their time. I doubt it was Allah’s voice. That means they got there by mistake and since angels are responsible for taking soul, it means they made mistake.

On the other hand, in Quran somewhere it says indirectly that angels do not make mistakes. If they were so prone to mistakes, this universe will not work smoothly.

Some clues shows that NDE experience are specific to person’s faith so it points towards creation of hallucination by mind.

On the other hand, some NDE experiences show the knowledge of facts that were impossible for them to know. This goes against hallucination theory.

Some bad people experienced heaven and some good experienced hell. Most of them were nonMuslims.

So lot of confusion. At the end no coclusion, but we should make thories and try to prove them.

• Ali

Member May 4, 2021 at 8:31 pm

Very interesting Nadeem.

I was wondering if we assume angel of death do make mistakes then why a healthy person not die all of a sudden and come back. NDE it seems happens to a person who is in life/death situation. Unless angel of death is part of us in some way and based on our condition make a mistake that it is probably time to take this soul.

Does the observation that NDE varies by culture indicates the possibility that our next life or at least transitional life (Alama Burzukh life) is shaped by our life experiences in this world.

We can only speculate of course but interesting.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 8:52 pm

Nadeem sahab the confusion is caused by the fact that we fail to recognize and draw hard boundaries around human limitations of knowledge. A lot of times when we have no way of knowing something, we start making conjectures and confuse it with logic or reasoning. The two are poles apart. This is a crucial point for us to understand and we as humans are very prone to making mistakes in this domain. For example, “if angels were prone to mistakes…” is a conjecture.

FYI, in my knowledge there’s nothing in the Quran that directly or indirectly comments about whether angels can or cannot make mistakes.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 4, 2021 at 9:12 pm

Faisal, I see the risk, but we shouldn’t put boundaries around our knowledge. It is counterproductive. We must theorize and come up with supporting argument, while being aware not to draw false conclusions.

I will search Quran and send references where it indirectly refers to angels not making mistakes.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 9:38 pm

I did not say to put boundaries around our knowledge. I said to recognize and draw boundaries around human limitations of knowledge. Two are related, but completely different things. Failing to understand the latter is one of the chief causes of not being able to distinguish between truth and falsehood. This is however a separate topic. There are other discussions in this regard on Ask Ghamidi under the Epistemology and Philosophy forum that you may want to look up.

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 7, 2021 at 11:46 am

As I see it.

All souls come from the backs of the children of adam and the breath of God is in all. We are all related by the Source Code, if I may. Our consciousness is connected with a thin thread.

Our consciousness may feel the other. Put all of the evidences together, NDE and experiences of another consciousness and abilities gained by meditation and mindfulness, I can’t help but to feel that there are many possibilities or potentials of a human soul.

PSY: We have the ability to attain mind over matter powers and feel the thoughts of another and perceive events at a distance etc. One does not have to be a Muslim to enhance this psy abilities. Somehow we have stumbled upon alluding proofs that we have abilities that can be harnessed or awakened. This is the evidence the sufis were waiting for. If they did have supernatural powers then those can be explained and should not be brushed off any more.

Consciousness connections: We could call it reincarnation but not yet. I think the consciousness of a present person can perceive the consciousness that once was. The evidence is overwhelming. Is it clairvoyance in reverse?

NDE: These experiences do show a glimpse of something, again consciousness connections. The possibility of a mistake is not my option. I think they are proofs of something, something that denies materialism. Another form of sign from God, for us to ponder upon.

The possibilities are as numerous as the width of one’s horizon!

Stay blessed, always.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 7, 2021 at 11:50 am

Mohammad, I read your whole post carefully and I am scratching my head thinking… “what did I just read?” 😳🙂

• Afia Khan

Member May 7, 2021 at 12:44 pm

I think it is also the part of Allah’s scheme. Another bayyanah for us from him. Another proof of life after death.

The people who experience this are usually clinically dead. In my view Rooh is the one who experience this not the consciousness.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register