Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam How Much Established History Do We Really Have About Islam?

Tagged: ,

• How Much Established History Do We Really Have About Islam?

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on May 4, 2021 at 3:28 pm

So my point is there’s no real established history about islam other than the very basic

There’s some doubt about some of the wives existing

Other than the prophet being Arabian, preaching the Qur’an, claiming he’s a prophet, having battles, having wives, companions and being in Arabia. There’s not much more we can trust.’

I was discussing online and someone sent this message. To what extent is this accurate?

Faisal Haroon replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • How Much Established History Do We Really Have About Islam?

Faisal Haroon updated 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • Mohsin Riaz

Member May 4, 2021 at 3:48 pm

First thing is Trust in God. If one trust in God and his book Quran, then he agrees that our Prophet ( PBUH) is messenger of God and he only followed God’s will. Much of later history is widely accepted by majority so what other means one should look for accuracies? History other than Islam as same rule which is what accepted by majority.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 3:48 pm

I’m asking more about tawatur for sunnah. That if the sunnah has been truly transmitted with tawatur

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 4:52 pm

How is tawatur related to established history?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 4, 2021 at 4:56 pm

Because the claim would go something like ‘the prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم prayed and everyone saw him praying, this is established because there are many reports of many sahabah in the living tradition praying in this manner’.

So the established history is that the prayer took place and from this the tawatur of transmission comes.

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 4, 2021 at 5:13 pm

Established history only tells us what you have stated in your original question that there was in fact a person in history who claimed prophethood, and other well-known facts about his dawah as well as it’s results.

In establishing sunnah through ijma and tawatur, we don’t need to refer to established history of Prophet Muhammad SAW more than that.

Please refer to my previous discussions with you in this regard. To establish a sunnah today, we look around at the practice of Muslims and trace it back in order to find any corruptions or innovations.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register