Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Fitrah Being A Source Of Truth

Tagged: 

• Fitrah Being A Source Of Truth

Posted by Ahmad Shoaib on May 5, 2021 at 3:31 pm

Ghamidi sahab says that the fitrah is a source of truth. I have one question. God gave you this fitrah. I concede that definitely it is in the fitrah to believe in a God and that he is truthful. But what is the evidence that this fitrah is a source of truth.At the end of the video he says we should know our limits. I agree. Is it then our limit not to surpass our fitrah?
    Discussion 30080

Ahmad Shoaib replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Fitrah Being A Source Of Truth

• Hassaan Adil

Member May 5, 2021 at 4:29 pm

brother… i read the previous discussion…. and i am still confused that what is the objective of this discussion… i mean it is totally useless in any sense….. and now your question… “What is the evidence that fitrah is the source of truth?”…. don’t you think that if you are against the fitrah that Allah has bestowed you it leads you to be a disbeliever… or if you have believed in the fact that THERE IS REALLY A CREATOR OF UNIVERSE than don’t you think it is ridiculous that either He is lying or not lying (mazAllah) to a tiny little creature on a tiny planet

and the fact that there is a human fitrah

don’t you think what is that fitrah must be a prior discussion for this?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 4:30 pm

Great objection. The answer would be that if we are being deceived there is nothing we can do.

• Hassaan Adil

Member May 5, 2021 at 4:32 pm

deceived by whom?…. from ourselves

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 4:33 pm

By the one who gave us the fitrah

• Hassaan Adil

Member May 5, 2021 at 4:38 pm

brother it seems totally an illogical question (thinking that the Creator is deceiving the creature for unknown reason)…. and how to know that He ain’t deceiving us🙄

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 4:39 pm

If I play Devil’s advocate I can say that the creator has his reasons and he’s made it impossible for you to think about why he would do it.

And the point I’m making is not that we are being deceived or we aren’t. Rather we have no ultimate way of knowing.

Like I wrote above it seems we have to be dogmatic about fitrah and just accept it because we have no other thing to follow

• Hassaan Adil

Member May 5, 2021 at 4:41 pm

can you please explain that what is this Fitrah in your sense ( i have heard Ghamidi sb)… but i want to know what do you think what is fitrah?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 4:42 pm

The innate knowledge of God and him being truthful

• Hassaan Adil

Member May 5, 2021 at 4:45 pm

and you are believing that there is a fitrah in human personality….?… do you have any evidence for that🤔

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 4:45 pm

Well if it is just nature then everything has a fitrah.

Human nature would have this knowledge

• Hassaan Adil

Member May 5, 2021 at 4:49 pm

ok bro… no one can have anything from this discussion….. May Allah give hadayah to all of us❤️

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 4:49 pm

Ameen

• Usman Mughal

Member May 5, 2021 at 9:01 pm

Ahmed your answer

https://youtu.be/ulspR2euA6s

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 9:25 pm

Yes i linked this video in my original post. The question is about what was said

• Usman Mughal

Member May 5, 2021 at 9:34 pm

Yeah I just saw it, I just posted it in a hurry sorry for that

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 9:35 pm

👍

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 9:38 pm

I think the issue is wanting to know ultimate knowledge.

As a limited human being it is impossible for me to know a reality like God or understand his intentions and motives.

So perhaps I shouldn’t be arrogant enough to raise doubt about his truth when he himself has told us that he is the truth.

It’s just the ‘what if?’ and ‘how can we know for sure?’ which is discomforting.

• Usman Mughal

Member May 5, 2021 at 9:46 pm

It’s a long debate, I can help you to understand this If you are from Pakistan, we can talk on the phone. Because I don’t have much writing skills

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 5, 2021 at 9:47 pm

Sure, you can check your dms إن شاء الله

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register