To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Tools For Detecting Rationale

• Tools For Detecting Rationale

• Muhammad Jabran

Member May 6, 2021 at 5:22 pm

بنائے استدالال کیسے معلوم کیا جاتاہے۔ پلیز اسکی وضاحت کردیں شکریہ

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 6, 2021 at 5:33 pm

This is a very broad subject. Philosophers have written volumes on this subject for thousands of years and have come up with various theories of knowledge. The following link might help with the overall picture:

Epistemology | Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

Imam Farahi also presented his theory of knowledge.

If you meant to ask a narrower question, please clarify.

• Muhammad Jabran

Member May 6, 2021 at 5:43 pm

@faisalharoon Sir, in this video, Ghamidi sab explains his approach toward various issues. At one point in this video he says that there are tools for deducting a basic rationale in any knowledge, philosophy, or anything. In order to know the foundation of any skill or knowledge. So my question is specific and simple what are the tools of deducting a basic rationale from any topic, article, book, or anything. Thanks

https://youtu.be/i3lSetWLPgk

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 6, 2021 at 8:43 pm

I do not recall Ghamidi sahab mentioning any generic tools in this video. If you can share the timestamp I’ll be happy to review it.

Secondly, this video is not talking about rationale in a book or an article – it’s talking about a subject as a whole. When you decompose a subject into it’s parts, analyze each part in depth – which might require you to read a lot of material on that subject in order to get command on it – and then reassemble each part to reform a whole, you’re able to understand the mistake in your previous understanding or that of others, if any.

As a side note, this is why it’s important that you frame your questions on Ask Ghamidi with proper references so that the questions can be understood in proper contexts. Broad questions can only yield broad answers.

• Muhammad Jabran

Member May 7, 2021 at 6:39 am

@faisalharoon

First of all, Thank you, sir, for giving me time and considering my query.

Second, I apologize for not making my question specific.

Third, I am once again grateful to you that by educating me you have highlighted my mistake. Actually, I have mixed two videos of Ghamidi sab. Therefore, I was unable to frame a clear-cut question.

Please note that in this video “Tanqeed Karany Aur Sunnay Kay Usool” From 7 Minutes to 8:40, Ghamidi Sahab has explained about bina e Istadlaal. How to assign a basic rationale? Now my question is how to find out a basic rationale behind any skill, historical account, or anything? In other words, how to detect a rationale in any given thing?

Fourth, I still believe that you have addressed my question up to some extent. By sharing relevant material and the “Zavia e Ghamidi” Series. Inshallah, I will check them in detail. But now I am pinpointing the problem. I hope it will make it easy for you to comprehend.

https://youtu.be/EI7Ze90Oa-g

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 7, 2021 at 8:31 am

No problem – we all make mistakes.

What Ghamidi sahab is saying in the above video about bina-e-istadlal (basis of an argument) would hopefully become much clearer when you watch the Zaviya-e-Ghamidi series linked below.

In short, humans have three fundamental sources of knowledge – empirical evidence, intellect, and established history. When gauging an argument, we can determine the soundness of that argument by determining whether or not it uses one of these three sources as it’s basis. If it does then we can investigate the argument further, however a lot of times, arguments are based on pure conjecture.

After watching the series below if you still have a question in this regard, please don’t hesitate to post a new question.

• Muhammad Jabran

Member May 7, 2021 at 9:47 am

@faisalharoon A bundle of gratitude sir. You were very patient and kind. I would definitely go through all the material you have shared. May Allah give lots of happiness

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 6, 2021 at 5:34 pm

The program Zaviya e Ghamidi will be very helpful in this regard:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBlLCVQiApQ1n_jk9y_rAYUJ2mn5T3jd9

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register