Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Why No Signs And Miracles For Bani Ismael?

• Why No Signs And Miracles For Bani Ismael?

• Ahsan

Moderator May 8, 2021 at 8:28 am

You may find following video helpful

Why No Clear Miracles For Prophet Muhammad | Ghamidi.Tv

• ودود

Member May 8, 2021 at 9:20 am

Not much help. The explanation given in Al-bayan is also not plausible.

If the people are asking for signs it means they needed that, right? Had they denied even after the signs, one could say the itimam e hujjat punishment was justified.

In the absence of any clear signs wouldn’t they use it as an excuse to defend themselves on the day of judgement?

If believing in God merely thru inference is the condition for the human trial then why the people of earlier prophets were given the signs? What happened to their trial?

If God made us forget ahad e alasat, to see which ones of us can still figure out existence of God thru pondering the universe, why did God have to send prophets, messengers, books and even miracles? Why didn’t God simply make people recall the ahad e alast?

Please help me understand the above questions thanks

• Altamash Ali

Member May 8, 2021 at 10:19 am
    • Altamash Ali

Member May 8, 2021 at 3:30 pm

سَاَصۡرِفُ عَنۡ اٰیٰتِیَ الَّذِیۡنَ یَتَکَبَّرُوۡنَ فِی الۡاَرۡضِ بِغَیۡرِ الۡحَقِّ ؕ وَ اِنۡ یَّرَوۡا کُلَّ اٰیَۃٍ لَّا یُؤۡمِنُوۡا بِہَا ۚ وَ اِنۡ یَّرَوۡا سَبِیۡلَ الرُّشۡدِ لَا یَتَّخِذُوۡہُ سَبِیۡلًا ۚ وَ اِنۡ یَّرَوۡا سَبِیۡلَ الۡغَیِّ یَتَّخِذُوۡہُ سَبِیۡلًا ؕ ذٰلِکَ بِاَنَّہُمۡ کَذَّبُوۡا بِاٰیٰتِنَا وَ کَانُوۡا عَنۡہَا غٰفِلِیۡنَ ﴿۱۴۶

(تم دیکھو گے کہ) میں عنقریب اُن لوگوں کو اپنی نشانیوں سے پھیر دوں گا جو زمین میں ناحق تکبر کرتے ہیں اور (ایسے ہیں کہ) اگر ہر قسم کی نشانیاں دیکھ لیں، پھر بھی اُن پر ایمان نہ لائیں۔ اگر ہدایت کی راہ دیکھیں تو اُسے اختیار نہ کریں اور اگر گم راہی کی راہ دیکھیں تو اُس پر چل پڑیں۔ یہ اِس لیے کہ اُنھوں نے (اِس سے پہلے) ہماری نشانیوں کو جھٹلایا اور اُن سے بے پروا بنے رہے۔

I will turn away from My signs those who are arrogant upon the earth without right; and if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of consciousness, they will not adopt it as a way; but if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they have denied Our signs and they were heedless of them.

-Quran 7:146

ConfusedConfusedConfused

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 2:58 pm

The following chapter explains a lot about prophets and why.

Faith and Beliefs / Belief in the Prophets / The Essence of Prophethood https://www.javedahmedghamidi.org/#!/mizan/5aa6a4315e891e8f44a45788?chapterNo=2&subChapterNo=2&subChsecNo=0&lang=en

The following link will explain the chapter in extreme details.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK2gO3OXrOjEYkUMUw_bSUy1B5xYuIaL9

• Muhammad Hassan Ijaz

Member May 14, 2021 at 1:59 pm

Miracles which have been given to the prophets by Almighty Allah are mentioned in Quran as ayaaat signs. The important thing to know about them is that These are not daleel e rabuubiyat i.e sign to convincing people about the existence of God but actually are daleel e risaalat i.e convincing the audience about the risaalat i.e prophethood.

Moreover the statement is not correct that the signs were not given to the prophet Muhammad pbuh. In my view signs were also given to prophet Muhammad pbuh but they were of different kind as compare to previous ones. Quran in itself worked as sign of God and almost all the itmam e hujjut were done by it. Moreover other signs were also showed by Almighty such as Shaq e qamar.

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 8, 2021 at 12:13 pm

The miracle that dies with the beholder is limited to the audience and the miracle of the quran lives till the end of time.

Miracles tend to shock and awe and they tend to be out of the ordinary. In a world of literacy and literary fervor, a piece of literature tends to be a miracle.

All Miracles were true, with the prophets, but they didn’t manage to impress everyone so does the miracle of Quran becomes a jumble of confused verses for the unimpressed.

The rest of the questions have been addressed in several books.

• Ahsan

Moderator May 8, 2021 at 1:20 pm

good points

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 8, 2021 at 12:14 pm

Please see this fascinating, quick read about the Qur’ān.

https://onereason.org/eternalchallenge/

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 8, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Al-Isra’ – 17:59

Arabic

وَمَا مَنَعَنَآ أَن نُّرۡسِلَ بِٱلۡأٓيَٰتِ إِلَّآ أَن كَذَّبَ بِهَا ٱلۡأَوَّلُونَۚ وَءَاتَيۡنَا ثَمُودَ ٱلنَّاقَةَ مُبۡصِرَةً فَظَلَمُواْ بِهَاۚ وَمَا نُرۡسِلُ بِٱلۡأٓيَٰتِ إِلَّا تَخۡوِيفًا

The question arises why did Allah send miracles to former people?

Because he’s not sending them now because people denied them before.

Surely he knew people would deny them.

So what does this mean? That God learned that people denied miracles? أعوذ بالله من الشيىطان الرجيم

• ودود

Member May 9, 2021 at 5:32 pm

I haven’t got a chance yet to check all the links that others have shared in response to my question and there might be something relevant to what you have asked above. This is bbexactly my question too.

One possible explanation could be that the people of earlier ages were not intellectually matured enough to infer existence of God thru observing His signs in the universe and therefore God gave them miracles to convince them of existing of the true God.

As the human knowledge and cognitive ability developed with time — more in some people than others, God used it as a means to filter out low capacity people from entering Islam so the leadership roles are taken only by the highly intelligent people. After all they were the ones who played a key role in spreading Islam later.

Make sense?

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 5:34 pm

I wonder if ayah in this ayah even means miracle? Because the camel of salih صلى الله عليه وسلم is mentioned. I believe Ghamidi sahab takes the camel to be a sign of an ultimatum rather than a miracle.

But the question is still there of why did God send them to previous nations, knowing that they would deny them, and not send them to the quraysh because they would deny them

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 7:13 pm

In the name of Allah the All-knowing, the best guide.

As I see it..

There are 3 perspectives that become visible.

1. miracle as something out of the ordinary

2. a warming.

3. is a sign.

All these 3 serve the same purpose. To show the existence of a God almighty.

Consider Musa and The Magicians. The Magicians saw the miracle and they believed. The pharaoh believed in the miracle of the prophet yusuf. Because of this belief in the miracle the he gave an honourable position to the prophet. Also remember the people of Jonah who did believe when they saw the clouds.

Consider these times when we live in a period where millions of people believe in miracles and hence strengthen their faith in God. Likewise there were or would have been people in the earlier generations who did believe in miracles and the signs and warnings. They were the ones who were saved.

Perhaps God is addressing the meccan idolaters. The context suggests that that these meccan idolaters are like the ones who never believed despite seeing the miracles and signs and warnings with their own eyes. The example given is of a living being (camel) which walks among a group of people and yet those people deny it. God gives the reason why he will not show the miracles, for these meccans are just like them.

The prophet is preaching the Koran as a living person among this group of people and yet they deny the miracle of the Koran.

God continues to provide other miracles of the isra and a tree that grows within the fire, things that baffle the mind. But when a mind is bent on denial, nothing convinces it. The minds of the old were those minds as well. The ayah is only addressing one aspect of human nature.

God knows and I don’t.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 7:21 pm

Very good points. You have highlighted the exact issue.

Allah’s reason for not sending miracles to quraysh is because they have the same mentality as those who denied ‘signs’. So why would his principles have changed- why would he have sent ‘signs’ to those who denied them in the first place?

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 7:29 pm

Why does God do anything?

Almighty says in the Koran that most of the mankind are not believers, most of mankind and stones will be the fuel of hell fire, even satan claims that he will disillusion most of humanity.

Yet we see that He gives respite, prophets, books, miracles, signs for the ones who will be convinced and want guidance. Then the other aspect is to have evidence against the deniers on the day of judgement.

The subtlety of the issue is vital.

• Ahmad Shoaib

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 9:19 pm

I don’t think we need to bring in every other action in yet. Right now I’m just focusing on the issue of sending signs to quraysh vs previous nations. I think my question in the previous post still stands

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 9, 2021 at 9:21 pm

👍🤲

• Ali

Member May 10, 2021 at 2:25 am

Defending traditional explanation of miracles is extremely difficult if not impossible. We have to resort to bit of brainwashing, occult science, religious enthusiasm and emotions. Hypothetically speaking if a world disaster similar to Noah flood happened and everything reset. A God’s revelation came and mentioned Prophet Muhammad PBUH success in few lines like “A moon appeared over the land of Arabian Peninsula and flooded the peninsula and the whole world with its light”. Few people may dig into history and may look for rational explanation or take it literally. Frankly I do not understand why it makes any difference “How” exactly miracles happened ? Did they happen following laws of nature or by breaking the laws of nature. Qurans talk about signs and points toward human incapacity to comprehend actual reality without resorting to speculation.

Success of our prophet is a sign and so is Quran if we try to dig in to deeper meanings of its ayats (signs).

I have to make a choice how to explain miracles to my kids. Go traditional way and let them grow and keep struggling with different way to think when it comes to religion versus the world around them Or explain it to them what we know for sure and let them decide for themselves.

• Mohammad Yaseen

Contributor May 10, 2021 at 11:58 am

I may have found an answer, I just need time to prepare the answer.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register