Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and Family Separate House For Wife

Tagged: ,

• Separate House For Wife

Posted by Talha Mujahid on May 12, 2021 at 1:37 am

Ghamdi Sb May Allah bless him really helped me lot to understand the true essence of Islam. Especially, I understand the difference between religion and culture. But there is an ambiguity which I want to clear that is separate house for wife is compulsory acc to Ghamidi sb point of view.

Why Ghamidi sb merged Arabian culture in Islam.

What is the reference for this commandment from Quran o Sunnah

Nadeem Minhas replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Separate House For Wife

Nadeem Minhas updated 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 3:06 pm

I don’t think Ghamidi Sahab has ever said it to be a religious directive in all situations. Decisions like these are left to the mutual agreement of Husband and Wife at the time of Nikah. Whatever they decide at the time of Nikah, it should be followed, as long as the conditions do not nullify the whole spirit of Nikah. Logically, it is the right of a wife to demand a separate house, since husband has been given complete responsibility of taking care of her all expenses.

For further details, please refer to the video below from 26:21 to 29:36

https://youtu.be/UiJes8b_YCI?t=1581

• Talha Mujahid

Member May 12, 2021 at 3:17 pm

Brother, same is my question k separate house wife ka haq kaisay ho gia. Is kee rahnamayi karain k Quran o Sunnat main kahaan aaya k yeh wife ka right h

• Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 3:20 pm

As per Quran, Husband has been given complete responsibility of taking care of her all expenses. If wife considers a separate house as her necessary need, then it becomes responsibility of Husband to provide her that.

• Talha Mujahid

Member May 12, 2021 at 3:24 pm

Sorry our debate is going to another direction but it is unclear to me how a separate house is necessity.

Necessity aik separate room ho skta h poora gharr necessity kaisay ho skta h.

Aaap necessary thing or necessity ko mix kar rahay hin

• Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 4:01 pm

It is for the wife to decide what is her necessity and if she makes unreasonable demands, then she should be advised properly and ideally, all such demands should’ve been dealt with and agreed upon at the time of Nikah.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 12, 2021 at 5:45 pm

In my opinion it is woman and her family’s responsibility to have such items agreed before the marriage. If those were agreed, then it is husband’s religious responsibility to fulfill the agreement.

In the absense of prior agreement, after the marriage, it has nothing to with religion. Buying a separate house is on husbands discretion as a head of household.

In my opinion if a husband can afford a separate house and there are unending conflicts and tensions in the house mainly due to husband’s family’s fault, and husband’s family is not willing to share any control of the house then husband must buy a separate house.

If all other situations, whatever husband feels is best and fair. But I do not think it is a religious responsibility.

The discussion "Separate House For Wife" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now