Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islam and State Role Of Ulemas In Moon Sighting For Eid

• Role Of Ulemas In Moon Sighting For Eid

Posted by Fatimah on May 12, 2021 at 1:54 pm

It is quite obvious it is the department of science and technology to look into this matter but not only in Pakistan but in Saudi Sheikhs sight the moon and announce the Eid.

My question is should we as a nation of the state follow such shahadatein?

we don’t know what is cooking behind the curtains of these shahadatein, maybe they’re right maybe not but if we are accepting the state decision on Celebrating Eid on basis of decision made by Ulemas, . Are we going to be questioned for this? What if we are supposed to keep fast but state has announced Eid. This issue really pins me, I am never satisfied on Eid announcement by Ulemas but what can we do when the whole country is celebrating Eid.

Please guide me on this.

Umer replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Role Of Ulemas In Moon Sighting For Eid

Umer updated 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm

Principally its true that deciding birth of moon is domain of science, but whatever mechanism in this regard has been implemented by the government, we as Muslims are religiously obligated to follow that decision of government, even if they reach a wrong decision in this regard.

For further details, please refer to the video below from 20:36 to 24:16

https://youtu.be/2OuABL8Yc64?t=1236

• Fatimah

Member May 12, 2021 at 2:35 pm

Right, thanks!

So even if we know they can be wrong but we have to follow in order to keep the peace. And these are the people accountable for if they’re wrong.

• Umer

Moderator May 12, 2021 at 2:42 pm

Precisely.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register