Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Illegal Extension In Inherited Property- Compensation?

• Illegal Extension In Inherited Property- Compensation?

Posted by Muhammad Ayyaz Qureshi on May 18, 2021 at 3:25 pm

Assalam-o-alaikum,

I need guidance on a illegal extension of inherited property which we (5 siblings + mother) inherited less than a year ago. My father passed away last year and we inherited the house where I used to live. My two brothers and my mother are still living in the same house along with their families.

It is known by the elders of the same area that the house we live in (along with many other houses in the same row) have an illegal extension carried out many many years ago. The extended area belongs to Riasat i.e. Govt. of Pakistan. I am willing to pay for it but I don’t find a viable solution. Demolishing the extended part is extremely hard as my brother’s family is living there. Paying it off is also very difficult it would open a Pandora box with legal and judicial problems and may also effect all the house in the same row. My questions are:

1. Can I calculate the due amount of the extended part and deposit it in any of the Govt. of Pakistan donation account?

2. Will that suffice for my father as well as I also want to pay on his behalf as a loan on me?

3. Is there any better way of doing it?

Jazakallah for your time and for your guidance!

Best regards,

Umer replied 2 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register