Tagged: ,

• Discouragement Of Marrying A Slave Girl

Ali Hamza updated 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 5 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 19, 2021 at 1:25 am

Discouraged by whom?

• Ali Hamza

Member May 19, 2021 at 3:44 am

I was listening to Yasir Qadhi, he mentioned that marying a slave girl is strongly discouraged For reasons that were beyond the scope of the topic he was discussing. He did not mention the reasons, so that’s what i’m here for.

• Fahad Iqbal

Member May 19, 2021 at 3:58 am

Peace.

It was discouraged because the slave girls were frequently indulging in Prostitution. This Sexual Perversion became an addiction for them. They were groomed very badly by their masters. Their Moral standards were extremely low. Which is why the Zina Hadd Punishment for slave girls in the Quran was also reduced. However The Quran also mentions that there were exceptions among these slave girls who wanted to become pure and pious but their masters would force them into prostitution and rape. About them the Quran says that they will be forgiven. Also the Quran allows for Believers to marry slave girls if they repent for their sins sincerely and promise never to indulge in sex outside wedlock. God knows best.

God Bless.

• Ahsan

Moderator May 19, 2021 at 4:30 am

I dont know the context in which Yasir Qadhi sb talked about it, if u can share the link it will be better. However, there is clear verse 4:25 which encourage muslims to marry muslim slaves.
    One thing to mention here is, issue of slavery is non existence at this moment so whats the point of this question?

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register