Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Epistemology and Philosophy Believing In Alternative Single God

Tagged: , ,

• Believing In Alternative Single God

• Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 21, 2021 at 12:14 pm

What do you mean by alternative single God over Allah? There’s only one omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent Creator that we refer to as Allah. There’s nothing over Him.

• Tanveer Niaz

Member May 21, 2021 at 12:41 pm

I am not replacing Allah. I am questioning that if someone doesn’t accept Allah but believe in something else. That something is God for him and chooses it over Allah.

The question is, is he doing shirk although he is believing in the singleness of God?

• Ahsan

Moderator May 21, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Allah is the name of entity which has qualities as mentioned by Faisal sb. A person can call Allah as elohim, yahweh, God,Lord, Khuda etc. All good names are for Allah.
    Since God name in Quran is Allah so we use that word.

• Nadeem Minhas

Member May 21, 2021 at 9:23 pm

I think any entity that meets the criteria set in surah Ikhlas is Allah. Calling him with any other good name doesn’t make a difference.

Since Allah is the same, perhaps the person making the distinction may be saying that he believes in another Allah with the same properties, but then perhaps he doesn’t believe in prophets or holy books or angels or the last day. As all these are associated with Allah’s belief.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register