Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Namaz Before It's Time

Tagged: 

• Namaz Before It's Time

Posted by Zuhair on May 22, 2021 at 10:57 am

So, today I mistakenly started to pray Isha literally a minute before the Azan and as I had heard another Azan in another masjid so for the first time I don’t know why I thought that azaan has been done. So is it ok or should I pray again after hearing the azaan in my masjid?

Naveed Sheikh replied 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Namaz Before It's Time

Naveed Sheikh updated 2 years, 11 months ago 4 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 22, 2021 at 1:43 pm

Salah is not dependent upon hearing of an Azan, it is dependent upon its due time. So if the time of Isha came, then one can offer Salah irrespective of the fact whether one has heard Azan or not. If the time is still not due and one has mistakenly prayed that Salah, then upon realization, one should offer Salah on its time.

• Zuhair

Member May 23, 2021 at 4:34 am

So the due time is basically the time which is on Google. I mean when you search for namaz times it tells you based on the university of Islamic Sciences Karachi. So this means that we should consider this time right?

• Umer

Moderator May 23, 2021 at 6:41 pm

Correct!

• Atif Sajid

Member May 23, 2021 at 6:57 pm

The start time of any salah is not digital in nature like 0 or 1. It’s a duration. I personally think if you started the salah one minute before the Azan and the Azan happens when the Isha time on the calendar start, there is no need to repeat the salah. When there were no clocks, people used to estimate time for prayers by looking outside and that estimation used to fall within a specific duration.

This is my personal opinion.

• Zuhair

Member May 24, 2021 at 3:33 am

Yes you’re right and honestly I don’t know myself that when did people start looking at clocks but still I have no idea about the times(by looking out) so for accuracy I consider the clock.

• Naveed Sheikh

Member May 24, 2021 at 5:14 pm

Brother, your prayer is valid. However, to pray in jama’a is the Sunna and to habitually neglect the jama’a is sinful in all madhahib and compromises the validity of the prayer according to the more rigorist (the hanabila). If you hear the adhan, you should go to the mosque.

• Naveed Sheikh

Member May 24, 2021 at 5:17 pm

And with respect to when Isha begins, it is at the disappearance of the red twilight (shafaq ahmar) on the horizon according to the jumhur, though waiting till the disappearance of the white twilight (shafaq abyad) is preferable.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register