Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Is Trading With Leverage Halal?

Tagged: , ,

• Is Trading With Leverage Halal?

Posted by Tahir Shahzdad on May 23, 2021 at 4:55 am

Asalamualykum Sir

I am an Engineer and do crypto trading but I want to do crypto leverage trading on Bybit.

I am really confused on crypto leverage trading on Bybit as I do not know it’s halal or not. So despite the knowledge and having technical skills I am not able to do crypto leverage trading.

Can you please guide regarding crypto trading at Bybit Exchange which do leverage trading on their platform.

I tried to ask local scholars but they couldn’t give a clear answer.

Some scholars said “ they would avoid “

Some scholars said” you can do trade but close your trade before 24 hours “

Please guide as in my opinion it’s an technology and we should get benefit form it by using our technical skills.

Jazak Allah khair

Mohammad Hasan replied 3 weeks, 5 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Is Trading With Leverage Halal?

Mohammad Hasan updated 3 weeks, 5 days ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • Faisal Haroon

Moderator May 23, 2021 at 2:07 pm

I have no knowledge about Bybit, but I will share with you the principle. Leveraged trading generally means that your broker lends you money to trade. In most cases if you return the money back to the broker before market close on the same day then you don’t owe any interest. However, if you keep the money overnight then interest starts accruing.

In Ghamidi sahab’s understanding of Islam, lending money on interest is strictly prohibited, however, it’s not impermissible to borrow money on interest. Please refer to the following discussion for details:

Discussion 30863

Additionally, all kinds of trade are halal except those that may involve anything immoral. If you’re satisfied that there’s nothing immoral in your trades then you may use leverage to your advantage.

• Mohammad Hasan

Member March 30, 2024 at 10:53 pm

Laikin Ghamidi sahab ne to puri series banayi h Sood ki unhone kha h Sood dene me koi glt nhi h laikin Sood lena haram h

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register