Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Islamic Sharia Using Magic For Good Purposes

• Using Magic For Good Purposes

Posted by Tanveer Niaz on May 24, 2021 at 11:45 am

Three-Fold Question :

Can I use Magic for good purposes?

What if one have contact with jins in the process?

How islam see Necromancy?

Sonia replied 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Using Magic For Good Purposes

Sonia updated 2 years, 10 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • Ahsan

Moderator May 24, 2021 at 2:16 pm

Anything which may fall under broad categories described in verse 7:33 will be considered haram.

In my limited info about the magic, it invoke jinn devil etc which is shirk. Hence it will be considered haram or forbidden as sadde zariya to shirk

• Umer

Moderator May 24, 2021 at 7:40 pm

As mentioned by Ahsan Sahab, all haram and halal in ethical domain are to be gauged in the light of Quran (7:33):

Discussion 1749

Following videos might also be helpful in this regard:

Please refer from 39:42 to 41:14

• Umer

Moderator May 24, 2021 at 7:40 pm

Please also refer from 31:42 to 35:34

• Sonia

Member July 2, 2021 at 8:15 am

These videos are useful. Thanks for sharing.

I have 2 concerns:

1) Ghamidi sahab (and others in his team) say these nafsiyati alooms have nothing to do with religion. But Quran mentions about Prophet Suleman’s kingdom and its uniqueness to him. Shouldn’t that by extension imply no one else would have power to control jinns as it was only a miracle given only to Prophet Suleman? And while the Quran doesn’t explicitly prohibit acquiring that ilm or permitting its use, by implication of Prophet Sulemans uniqueness it should mean that it has been disallowed by the Quran.

2) Also, I’ve heard that those who do these nafsiyati alooms claim to use Quran to do so, as they say the aloom is derived from the Quran. If Ghamidi sahab is saying this subject is nothing to do with religion, this would mean the nafisiyati aloom practioners are saying something wrong and attributing something wrong to religion of Islam?

Please note I’m not interested in contacting jinns. I’m only asking these questions to understand Allah’s law regarding these alooms.

• Umer

Moderator July 2, 2021 at 8:59 am

1) Nafsi uloom have nothing to do with religion the same way science has nothing to do with religion. Since nafsi uloom were widely practiced at that time, that’s why they became the topic of conversation in Quran. Had science been that advanced at that time instead of Nafsi uloom, then Quran would be discussing Science instead of Nafsi Uloom. Also, whenever Nafsi Uloom are being discussed in Quran, they are not the primary topic of conversation, they are infact supplementary to the main topic being discussed or came in a way to complement the primary topic. Regarding Prophet Suleman (sws), since Quran is clear that Jinns were given in His possession and Quran (21:82) tells us that those Jinns were all Shayateen who were given in His control. From this, nothing can be said for sure, whether humans can also take control of them or not, but it cannot be negated clearly that such a thing is completely impossible. However, human beings tend to take control of other species and in addition, people claim that they do actually control Jinns, so it is just a plausible thing that this might be possible to do so. But no such control could ever be of a magnitude the way it was given to Prophet Suleman (sws).

2) Regarding using Quran or religion as a basis for Nafsi Uloom, it could be a supplementary thing that can come out of Quran because of its divine nature and the way it affects nafs or human soul in a divine way. Since Quran is very clear on its primary purpose and objective which is tazkeer and Inzaar, therefore as a Muslim, we should stick to the purpose mentioned by Quran itself. There is also a possibilty that people who are expert at Nafsi Uloom, they use Quran and religion as a veil to hide the truth behind such knowledge. Following video also addresses these points regarding Nafsi Uloom:

Discussion 40348 • Reply 40411

• Sonia

Member July 2, 2021 at 9:25 am

Thanks a lot for this detailed explanation.

The discussion "Using Magic For Good Purposes" is closed to new replies.

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now