Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Youth and Islam Commission In Outsourced Work

• Commission In Outsourced Work

Posted by Muhammad Wasif on May 27, 2021 at 9:35 am

My question is that when you are a online store manager eg on Amazon, there are some tasks that are not your responsibility you have to outsource them and get it done by other professionals and client pays for it. Can we take our commission in it. Like we get content writing for 100$ but we take 130$ from client. Is it right? Any harm in it?

Given that It’s not our responsibility to write content it has to be outsourced.

Umer replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • Commission In Outsourced Work

Umer updated 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 7 Replies
  • Umer

Moderator May 27, 2021 at 8:14 pm

Since one is acting as a conduit in referring work to others, one can charge his/her commission, but that commission should not be an illicit one, all parties should be well aware of this fact and also, one should not charge an unfair amount of commission.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 27, 2021 at 8:56 pm

I used the word commission but it’s more like a leverage. Means the photography is of 120$ I charge 120$ from client and get it done by 100$ from a professional so can I keep 20$. That would be just like the service charge of me outsourcing work and client knowing that is not mandatory. Just as the shopkeeper sells us products at a profit but we don’t know the profit percentage.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 27, 2021 at 8:57 pm

Also I won’t just be outsourcing, I will be ensuring the quality of work, hence being the bridge, my job is to provide value to client whether you do it by getting someone to do the work for $50 or $100.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 27, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Asked the people working in this field, they say you can do this and nearly all do this. But whenever I have confusion I refer to AskGhamidi so that can get it clear by people whom beliefs are similar to mine. eg in case of Zakat I can’t ask anyone because they have different positions on it. Also in case of Sood so I can ask here only to you guys. Please don’t mind me asking such petty questions and debating about it because I want to clear my confusions

• Umer

Moderator May 28, 2021 at 3:28 pm

I see no harm as long as the person being outsourced is not taken undue advantage of the situation and also it would be better if the arrangement stays as much transparent as possible. Though not always possible, but a statement of fact that this work being outsourced on behalf of a client would really helpful in making the whole process transparent.

• Muhammad Wasif

Member May 29, 2021 at 2:10 am

Person being outsourced refers to client or the professional worker?

• Umer

Moderator May 29, 2021 at 6:48 pm

It was with reference to the professional worker, unless there is an explicit restriction imposed by the client to do so.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register