Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums General Discussions Is It Necessary In Islam To Tell To Your Family That You Convert To A Muslim

• Is It Necessary In Islam To Tell To Your Family That You Convert To A Muslim

Posted by Danish Ali on May 28, 2021 at 3:23 am

So I got married to a Muslim in 2016 and the same year my mother passed away due to cancer . A year after that my father passed away too. I started doing inter religious comparison after that because I was lost and I was never really into the religion I was born into. I was raised in a strict Hindu family but I never really bowed down once or went to a temple. After doing enough research, I got reverted to Islam in 2019 . I came to know that my brother cheated with me and kept most of parents assets. I am having a dispute currently with him over properties but my wife is forcing me to tell my family or whatever is left to tell them that I am a Muslim . She always curses me when we fight that I am hiding this and Allah will not be happy with him .

What I should I do in this situation. Should I Wait for property dispute to settle or should I tell my family ?

Also my wife says that since i am not a born Muslim, I do not know the feeling when Muslim are killed in Palestine because she tells me to stop using products of companies who are friends with Israel but I tell her that she should do her search first instead of following tiktoks because she gets this from these social media apps.

Am I wrong if I am questioning her or If I want to use these products

Fahad Iqbal replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Is It Necessary In Islam To Tell To Your Family That You Convert To A Muslim

• Fahad Iqbal

Member May 28, 2021 at 8:55 am

Some Common Sense Points:

Religion is a personal matter and should be kept separate from family dispute over property and inheritance.

Your responsibility is to honestly and respectfully resolve this dispute with your elder brother. That is what Islam demands from you.

Islam does not demand from you to openly pronounce your faith to your family or the public. Its entirely your choice when to announce your conversion to Islam.

The Issue of Palestine involves basic Human rights and should not be conflated with Islam or Judaism. Personal Faith and belief has nothing to do with this issue.

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register