Ask Ghamidi

A Community Driven Discussion Portal
To Ask, Answer, Share And Learn

Forums Forums Sources of Islam Ghamidi Sahab's Sunnat Vs. Ijma's Sunnat

• Ghamidi Sahab's Sunnat Vs. Ijma's Sunnat

Posted by Hamza Ali on May 29, 2021 at 3:36 am

I want to know more about the sunnat ghamidi sahab talks about. I am very interested in the sunnat that ghamidi sahab has explained.

I only want to know if there were any other scholars in the past like Imam Shafi, Hanbal, or etc that hold the same opinion as ghamidi sahabs about sunnat? Or only Ghamidi sahab has got the right thing in the history of 14 hundred years?

Umer replied 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Ghamidi Sahab's Sunnat Vs. Ijma's Sunnat

Umer updated 2 years, 10 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • John Marston

Member May 29, 2021 at 5:49 am

1- Islamic history was not homogenous as is shown to us today; rather, there was a huge diversity of opinions. And most of the ideas that modern scholars say can be traced back to classical thought as these things were discussed. It’s not like there was complete agreement on everything until Ghamdi Sahab and yes, even conceptualizations of sunnah were varied.

2- In the case of this being a unique opinion of Javed Ghamdi, so what? The previous scholars were also humans and they need not be right all the time. These are human opinions and human interpretations, and Javed Ghamdi has every right to present his own opinion. Just because a classical scholar said something, it does not mean they were right. There are many issues in which they were in the wrong due to misconceptions and blind following. We now have the vantage point that many of these previous scholars did not, so we can discern and think for ourselves.

• Umer

Moderator May 29, 2021 at 7:28 pm

Classic jurists were well aware of this distinction i.e. Sunnah transmitted through ijma and tawatur and Sunnah transmitted through Akhbar-i-ahad, and believing in the former part has been categorized as compulsory for every Muslim to believe in and to follow. The most prominent scholars I am aware of are Imam Shafii and ibn-e-abdul bar who pointed out this distinction very clearly. The only difference being, that this is the first time Ghamidi Sahab has clearly pointed out these Sunnah in black and white.

Following videos and links will add further insight on this matter:

Please refer to the video below from 31:16 to 43:41

https://youtu.be/f53XkKt2bf8?t=1876

Alternative Link: ilm-o-Hikmat 11-02-2018

• Umer

Moderator May 29, 2021 at 7:28 pm

You must be logged in to reply.
Login | Register